Author Topic: 1000 miles report.  (Read 11498 times)

Sidot

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 ES.Sporty Blue Metallic.
1000 miles report.
« on: December 08, 2015, 01:52:42 PM »
Well its 1000 miles on the clock now and thought I would post my personal thoughts on mk3.my car is the SE in the dark sporty (!) Blue.
My overall summing up is it feels like I have a lovely new girlfriend only to discover that she picks her nose!!
MPG is 37.1, in the town Autumn driving that I do. Only a couple of mpg more than mk2.
I have taken the Diamond Bright finish again on new car and it looks almost as if it hasn't been done. Cerulean Blue mk2 never used to seem to get dirty and hold mud , but this one does....very much.
I miss the clean smooth lines of the old one this is all nooks crannies and complications.
I have a Honda Coonect system half of which is either not compatible with my devices or is unable to find  or connect with anything.
It's trying to be a young enthusiasts car and failing.
Would I recommend it........
ONLY JUST.
Better ride is its main advantage.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: 1000 miles report.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 10:30:01 PM »
You should have got the orange colour - it absorbs the dirt quite well.

For me, a key advantage of the Mk 3 compared to the Mk 2 is the substantially reduced reflection of glare from the dashboard on the windscreen. However, it shouldn't be necessary to buy a new car to be free of a problem that shouldn't have existed in the first place.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 12:33:32 AM »
I too have had the dashboard glare and all Honda could say was they would fix it on the new model.
I have had a black towel on my dashboard for 4 years now and I could not even get a Honda black towel
I wonder if I could get a price reduction on the new one because of this problem I have had on the MK2.
Fat chance
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:36:51 AM by edam »

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 11:16:44 AM »
Price reduction!! My dealer would not talk any sort of deal, so they lost out to carwow. Got mine from Kent, delivered and a grand off the price.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

guest5669

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 11:29:12 AM »
Dimond Bright is a waist of time in my honest opinion , you buy some great wax's that are much better.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 03:49:19 PM »
Diamond Bright is, like a lot of things your dealer will offer you, an excellent money spinner for them.
As Steve says there are plenty of other preparations out there that will do the job in a similar way for a lot less money.
Have a browse around Halfords or your favourite acessories dealer.
There now spray on/wipe off products available that the motor sport guys have been using on their cars that are very effective.

Vic.

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 06:21:10 PM »
Don't forget you are not just paying for the price of the wax, you are also paying the price for someone else to apply it. To some people this will be worth it as the haven't the time or can't/don't want to do it themselves.

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 07:05:30 PM »
I agree with your report Sidot.

The ride is better and there is loads of room. Perhaps too much. It's a big car. All the tech does not seem to quite work. I think it is there just to give it a good review in the crash tests. Unfortunately all this tech costs money and to keep costs down the build quality has suffered. Eg the have not finished painting it.

We swapped a MK 1 Jazz for the MK 3. My sister had our old MK 1. I think she got the better deal.

guest5669

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 07:33:57 AM »
Don't forget you are not just paying for the price of the wax, you are also paying the price for someone else to apply it. To some people this will be worth it as the haven't the time or can't/don't want to do it themselves.

The people that apply these coats of Dimond Bright get very little training, and often it doesn't get applied properly at £400 a pop. Bring your car to me i'll do it for far less and with a superior finish :P.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 09:04:25 AM »
Like Sidot, I too have just passed the 1000 mile mark with my 1.3 manual in red. We traded in a Scenic & an Aygo for the Jazz, hoping for the versatility of the former and the economy of the latter: so far, it's living up to those expectations. I think Honda have done a pretty good job, but like many other things in life nothing's perfect. I like the analogy of the new girlfriend picking her nose !

Economy: this depends so much on your style of driving and your route, but for comparison with Sidot's figure I'm averaging (according to the on-board computer) around 50 mpg for my normal commute (around 12 miles each way, mixed town & country). I've just done a 300 mile round-trip on motorways and the computer was showing 61.3 mpg at the half-way point and 59.5 when I got home, so I'm pretty pleased with that.

General comfort is comparable to the Scenic - although the Jazz is notably noisier inside at motorway speeds - and better than the Aygo,. Rear seat passengers are almost universally impressed by the amount of space back there.

Windscreen glare: personally I haven't noticed that, but then we haven't had a lot of bright sunshine in the last month !

The various electronic assistance aids take a bit of getting used to (eg exactly when you can expect the Idle-Stop system to work), others have commented on the auto lights, and having to explain the various beeps and alarms to your passengers, etc. The thing that has the potential to turn from a minor into a major annoyance is the infotainment system. Yes, it has DAB and various other bells & whistles, but the touch-screen is distractingly insensitive, the settings are hard to find, it doesn't have the versatility promised in the brochure, and I seem to have an intermittent fault that causes it to stop without warning.

But having blagged a £1700 discount on the price (sorry folks, that's a special scheme available through my work and not available to the general public) I'm broadly pleased with the overall package. Let's hope Honda's famous reliability keeps it all working.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 12:46:17 PM »
Windscreen glare: personally I haven't noticed that, but then we haven't had a lot of bright sunshine in the last month !
I would clarify that in my experience the glare was a problem with the Mk 2 (particularly the dark / bright pattern caused by the housing over the steering wheel). It is much less of a problem with the Mk 3. It was a specific aspect I checked before committing to buy my Mk 3.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest1372

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 07:16:44 PM »
Each year around this time I think about preparing for a new Jazz in April - think I'll stick it out another year. Children are satisfied with the Mk1 rear space, but I think elderly relatives would appreciate the Mk3.
Probably overkill to upgrade just to be able to listen to 5 Live / 6 Music in decent quality. Not compelled by any other feature.
--
TG

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 09:35:39 AM »
It must just be me but I have never noticed or had a problem with glare in my car, when I mentioned it to my wife who also drives ours her comment was 'what glare?'

davegreen55

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 11:21:44 AM »
It must just be me but I have never noticed or had a problem with glare in my car, when I mentioned it to my wife who also drives ours her comment was 'what glare?'
Same here. I have never had a problem either, and I was always puzzled when people complained about it.

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 12:06:44 PM »
The "glare" on my MK2 is so bad to make it dangerous to drive in certain sunny conditions.
I have to have a towel on the dashboard to stop the glare.
I'm not even sure that this glare is completely removed in the MK3. Its better but I wont retire the black towel when I get a MK3.
Also its worth mentioning that I hate smearing windscreen wipers and will change them as soon as they start smearing.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:13:35 PM by edam »

Tags:

anything