Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by culzean on Today at 08:53:59 AM »
HMRC are not going to take loss of fuel duty lying down, it is a large contributor to treasury coffers, my guess is that because government cannot put price of domestic electricity up without unfairly penalising every user they may either introduce smart meters with special tariff for charging (A chip in the vehicle charging socket may well communicate with a receiver in the charging plug to make a higher tariff for vehicle charging use)  or a charge per mile specifically for EV,  which will by law have to be fitted with GPS trackers or similar (and to hell with the privacy issues). Maybe to even things up they may have to remove fuel duty from petrol, diesel and LPG and go completely over to road pricing.

Apparently meters are now smart enough to know whether they are metering power from 'clean' wind and solar or 'dirty' coal, nuclear and gas,  knowing when an EV is plugged in will be a doddle. 

If you think that cost of running EV is gonna stay low because governments want to save the planet etc. we are having austerity cuts to everything at the moment, they will not give up a rich source of funds like road users.
DIY Guides / Re: auto idle stop
« Last post by Kenneve on Today at 08:44:05 AM »
Possibly a silly comment, but as one who is generally easy on the brakes, I find that I have press the brake pedal harder than normal to make the 'idle stop' kick in.
So, although it is switched on by default, it hardly ever actuates during an average journey.
DIY Guides / Re: auto idle stop
« Last post by lindam on November 21, 2017, 09:57:31 PM »
Thought so will get it checked out next week.Thanks for all your help
« Last post by Jocko on November 21, 2017, 09:53:02 PM »
I think the majority of people with an EV will charge at home. Chargers you have to pay to use will, for most, be a distress purchase. Like buying coffee and a sandwich at the airport! The reason I do not have an EV is because I cannot have a home charger. Once we move to the house an EV will be top of my purchase list, though I doubt my wife will put such a high priority on one.
New Members / Re: Greetings & Salutations.
« Last post by Top Badger on November 21, 2017, 07:29:13 PM »
 8) Proper job me `ansum.  ;D
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Climate control problem
« Last post by Ozzie on November 21, 2017, 07:06:21 PM »
Pleased it's OK, to be frank if I was taking lessons wearing a coat, hat & gloves I'd be a bit miffed but I guess bodies warm a car pretty well.
--
TG
Pupils were great and dressed accordingly, Examiners weren't quite so accommodating, but thankfully that's all in the past now, and just to make sure I will have a spare car in a few days.

Thanks again !
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Climate control problem
« Last post by TG on November 21, 2017, 07:00:16 PM »
Pleased it's OK, to be frank if I was taking lessons wearing a coat, hat & gloves I'd be a bit miffed but I guess bodies warm a car pretty well.
--
TG
« Last post by VicW on November 21, 2017, 06:48:07 PM »
Interesting article from Autoexpress on EV charging. It looks like charging your car at some points could be as nearly as expensive as petrol or diesel. I assume most charging would be done at home if you can park off road.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-tech/electric-cars/96638/electric-car-charging-in-the-uk-prices-networks-charger-types-and-top?_mout=1&utm_campaign=autoexpress_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Audio info screen.
« Last post by Deeps on November 21, 2017, 06:47:04 PM »
Thanks, I have just found the same logo on my Android tablet. It comes on when "location" is on.

Edit -

I have just been into the android settings in the car and the "Use satellites to determine position" was ticked. Having unticked it the logo has gone. As the logo only appeared yesterday I wonder how it got switched on!
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Audio info screen.
« Last post by JazzandJag on November 21, 2017, 06:26:24 PM »
This symbol refers to the GPS receiver. Both Navi and Non-Navi  cars have GPS receivers. In the non-navi vehicles the location is used in the parking and fuel apps which can be downloaded from the Honda App centre. It can also be used  by unofficial navigation apps such as Google Maps and Sygic.  If you swipe the strip downwards the text will read something like "Position determined by GPS". Whilst the system is acquiring the satellite signals the dot will flash, becoming steady when location is determined.

Hope this helps
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything