Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Atkinson engine and CVT eg
« Last post by Skyrider on Today at 11:54:46 AM »
After driving the 1.3 cvt for 25000 miles, I find there is ample power for my needs.  As an alternative to pushing the accelerator to the floor for immediate extra power in "D" mode, I find a couple of clicks on the left hand paddle change works well.  It reverts to lower revs as soon as you ease off, eg after overtaking.  I think the engine/transmission system is excellent, and overall is giving me about 52 mpg measured by fuel bought.

If you find the 1.3 suits you that's fine, others have different priorities. Your fuel consumption indicates the type of driver you are.
A sensible one ;)

Not my thoughts, but hey ho it's a free ish country.  :)
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: This damned tyre pressure warning system.
« Last post by Skyrider on Today at 11:52:46 AM »
That might work, put the tyre pressures up to the maximum recommended pressure, initialise and run like that for long enough for the system to calibrate itself and then repeat at normal operating pressures. Certainly worth a try.
« Last post by Pine on Today at 11:10:37 AM »
My neighbour overcame his TPMS problems by letting some air out of his tyres so they were all 2psi below the recommended pressures.  He reset the system then inflated the tyres to their normal pressures, which for him is 2psi over the manufacture's figures. He did it in the morning when the tyres were at there coldest. I don't know if this is the right thing to do but it worked for him.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Atkinson engine and CVT
« Last post by andruec on August 17, 2018, 10:22:51 PM »
The reversing camera, was the decider, for me......

I would rather be looking outside than staring at the dashboard when reversing. :o
We've discussed that before, and as I explained to you then - it's not an either-or thing. The reversing camera is great for determining where the car is going. Thanks to the graphics you only need an occasional brief glance to keep the vehicle on track. Positioning the vehicle becomes almost automatic which frees up more of your brain to concentrate on what's going on around you.
« Last post by Sezlez on August 17, 2018, 10:01:05 PM »
I remember owning a car years ago with no wing mirrors, no heater and no heated rear screen.  As time has gone by and each of these have been added, together with parking sensors and a reversing camera, I have never stopped looking through the windows at my surroundings.  I enjoy the reversing camera as an aid but can't imagine myself relying on that alone.

Yeah. There canít be many cars easier to park than a Jazz.
« Last post by ColinS on August 17, 2018, 09:51:05 PM »
I remember owning a car years ago with no wing mirrors, no heater and no heated rear screen.  As time has gone by and each of these have been added, together with parking sensors and a reversing camera, I have never stopped looking through the windows at my surroundings.  I enjoy the reversing camera as an aid but can't imagine myself relying on that alone.
« Last post by Dayjo on August 17, 2018, 09:41:04 PM »

I would rather be looking outside than staring at the dashboard when reversing. :o

Each, to their own......
« Last post by Skyrider on August 17, 2018, 09:38:58 PM »

« Last post by Skyrider on August 17, 2018, 09:35:47 PM »
I had a couple of self inflicted ones with my last Jazz, none with this one, although I have checked and adjusted the pressures and reset the system three times (monthly).
« Last post by Dayjo on August 17, 2018, 09:27:46 PM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything