Author Topic: Deliveries from Amazon.  (Read 2014 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Deliveries from Amazon.
« on: September 17, 2017, 09:42:52 PM »
I have been a customer of Amazon for years. They are always my first port of call for buying online. I have Prime Membership and normally get the goods next day. Just over a week ago I cancelled my auto renewal for Prime (it was too easy to shop!).
I then had a parcel fail to deliver on two days on the trot. DPD said no one was in and each time a card was left. Both my wife and I were at home, our lounge is just behind the front door, and there were no cards left.
Yesterday I was expecting a parcel and it was not delivered (Amazon Logistics was the carrier). It was not delivered today either, nor was a second parcel they were supposedly delivering. I contacted Amazon and they said they had tried to deliver but couldn't. They confirmed the parcels have the correct address.
It is as if Amazon have a vendetta against me since I cancelled my Prime membership.  :-X

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
Re: Deliveries from Amazon.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 10:45:56 AM »
Hi jocko

I do not think think it's a vendetta against you. Computers do not know who you are

It's more likely one or both of the following

New driver went to wrong address
Driver could not be bothered or in a rush, so just marked as no one home

We had a period where amazon kept delivering parcels to our address, for a different address entirely. They left behind bins or partially pushed through letter box, even though these deliveries required a signature.

I think a lot of drivers now use sat nav, so just look for house number where the sat nav states you have arrived at destination

I hope that makes you feel better

Many thanks

John

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 12:26:57 PM »
No, I don't think they have blacklisted me, it is just sad coincidence it happened as soon as I cancelled the auto renewal of my Prime membership. Perhaps they are showing me how inconvenient it will be without Prime!
The first delivery was DPD. The second two, Amazon Logistics. So not the same driver. The annoying thing is, I am a regular customer, getting one or two orders a week. Not any more. I will buy from eBay in the future, or direct from the supplier/seller.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 08:22:57 PM »
One of the parcels I ordered arrived today. Amazon Logistic Sunday delivery. Amazon Logistics Saturday delivery is still AWOL. Contacted the Chat line again. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

guest5079

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 10:11:22 AM »
It is difficult when one relies so much on mail order. We live in the country and the nearest decent shopping is Plymouth. Although on rare occasions we have found it locally.  A few years back we had problems with Parcelforce. Like Jocko it was alleged that we were not in when we were etc. One day, whilst in the Kitchen, which overlooks the road, I saw the big red van pull up, then drive off. So I took Parcel force to task because by this time we had enough No cards were ever left. Unfortunately because we were not the customer, the supplier was, they would not deal with us. However it came to a head when the above was repeated but this time a card stated we were not in. Eventually some days later we located the parcel at our local post office. This did provoke Parcelforce into action as we had the local postmistress to back us up. These days no problems. I do not deal with Amazon much over their delivery costs and constantly pushing Prime. So far fingers crossed good old E bay is much better, carriage costs and delivery wise PLUS if it didn't arrive you get a refund or replacement. I have heard of cases with Amazon whereby they limited the number of claims of non delivery. As an aside the Parcel force driver used to try and con the local postie into delivering for them but the posties got wise and refused.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 12:44:05 PM »
I've found DPD to be good - I usually get notified beforehand of a 1 hour timeslot to expect the delivery. Amazon logistics seems reliable once it is shown as out for delivery but it's a lottery what time the person may show up. However, I've twice recently had UPS claiming failed delivery when we were at home and waiting. On the last occasion I asked the guy who brought the delivery the next day and he said that the person doing the round on the previous day had struggled to get round the deliveries (having a 40 mile each way motorway trip can't help).

My biggest gripe is that almost all the delivery services now have an effective tracking system but not all senders provide the tracking info.

John
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 02:00:55 PM »
DPD is normally great. That was the annoying thing. They would say "David will be there between 16:43 and 17:43", we would sit listening for him, then about ten to six I'd get a text to say, "Tried to deliver. No one in, Card no *******".

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 06:34:08 PM »
I avoid Amazon they dont pay tax in UK, your issues sounds like the driver under pressure to complete his round.

Tags:

anything