Author Topic: New owner of a 2011 1.4 ES IVTEC Manual Jazz  (Read 1483 times)

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
New owner of a 2011 1.4 ES IVTEC Manual Jazz
« on: April 22, 2019, 05:45:52 PM »
Hello all,
Just got a new second hand car (see above) after helping my son get one as he needed something a bit bigger than his old one - so impressed with his that I decided to get one myself when the time was right.

Mine has 38k on the clock with FSH from Honda for all but the last service and came with one yr MOT.

Picked it up on Saturday and so far have done 500 miles in it on A and B roads in the welsh border area.
Impressions so far:

It's a Honda Jazz so everything works.
I'm getting around 50 mpg but you do have to push it a bit to make progress.
It's well screwed together.
It has electric folding mirrors at the push of a button - very convenient.

No doubt I'll have some questions to post here in due course.

Cheers

Steve

748rich

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 Ex Auto
Re: New owner of a 2011 1.4 ES IVTEC Manual Jazz
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 05:30:45 PM »
Hi Steve,
I too have just bought a 2011 Jazz EX CVT and am very pleased with it so far.
Just spent a couple of  hours this afternoon cleaning up the engine bay as so much corrosion evident of the alloy and zinc plated parts and rust on some of the painted components, particularly the off side engine mount. This car has had one lady owner from new and most recently serviced by a non Honda garage. I don't think the oily rag has been over it ever but it has now and looks better for it. There are so many zinc plated clips, pipes etc under the bonnet that these cars can look very scruffy after only a few winters.
Hope yours looks better than mine did.
Cheers,
Richard.

Steve1962

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 08:34:09 PM »
Hi Richard,
That looks very smart.

The engine bay in mine seems to be very tidy, but am going to keep an eye on it particularly over the winter as I live in the Cotswolds where the condition of the roads leaves a lot to be desired.

The more I drive this car the more I realise why they appeal and why so many have been sold - despite the fact that it can't pull the skin off a rice pudding, it is just so competent - mine really does drive like a brand new car.

I need to adjust the drivers side headlight though as it is too low on the road - I've seen a video on how to do it and am going to wait until the weekend and then see if I can sort it.

What's the mileage on yours?

Cheers
Steve

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 08:26:39 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Steve1962

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 08:47:05 PM »
Thanks.

Hope to contribute as time marches on.

Steve

748rich

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 Ex Auto
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 10:08:21 AM »
Hi Steve,
The mileage has just turned 56K.
I took the car to my local Honda dealer (Gatwick Honda) to have the CVT fluid changed as soon as I bought the car. Over the last few years the servicing was done by an independent garage and according to the bills I have, they only did an oil and filter change every year, changed the rear discs and pads and replaced tyres.
Hope you have a local Honda dealer. I think it is worth the extra cost, labour wise but be firm when they report that 'things' need attention and try to pressure you into getting them done there and then!
I'm now going to search the forum about tyre pressures as the instructions on the door jamb say 32 front and 30 rear fully loaded which does give a somewhat firm ride when only the two of use it.
Regards,
Richard.

Elginloon

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1400 SE
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 07:52:50 PM »
I've just bought a 2010 Jazz 1400 SE. 21 thousand miles on the clock, one pensioner owner, been sat in his garage for the past five years. The car is like brand new! And the cost? £2500 - did I get a bargain?!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 07:55:02 PM »
I'd say so. Get yourself a new battery (Yuasa Silver) and go out and enjoy your new car.

Tags:

anything