Author Topic: Jazz Sport.  (Read 5021 times)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Jazz Sport.
« on: April 23, 2018, 10:34:31 PM »
Do I have to wear a baseball cap on backwards while driving my Sport?

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Jazz Sport.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 06:30:26 AM »
Only if your IQ is 95 or lower.

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 08:44:59 AM »
The fact that I had to ask is worrying. :-)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 09:24:07 AM »
As the normal mode is with the peak to the rear, I assume by "backwards" you mean with the peak to the front ? That would simply identify you as a driver who feels it necessary to wear a cap in a car, which would definitely indicate a driver for the rest of us to avoid.  ;D

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 09:35:41 AM »
Totally right colinb, and if it's in a BMW wow and betide any other road users.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 03:37:02 PM »
As the normal mode is with the peak to the rear, I assume by "backwards" you mean with the peak to the front ? That would simply identify you as a driver who feels it necessary to wear a cap in a car, which would definitely indicate a driver for the rest of us to avoid.  ;D
Someone driving a Jazz whilst wearing a cap. The only thing missing is the pipe. Truly a vision to inspire fear and loathing in everyone that sees them :)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 04:13:00 PM »
That would simply identify you as a driver who feels it necessary to wear a cap in a car, which would definitely indicate a driver for the rest of us to avoid.  ;D
Then watch out for me! I usually wear a cap for two reasons: Firstly there's no a lot of hair left to keep my head warm on a cold day and secondly the peak makes a useful sun visor on the sunny days which is much easier to move around (particularly for sun coming from the side) than the visor provided with the vehicle. Also, keeping the cap on my head saves having to look for it when I get out. However, it's a proper mens cap and not one of these baseball thingies.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 04:29:02 PM »
A worse combination is the trilby and sheepskin coat with the collar turned up, popular around here and a driver/car combination to avoid !

Vic.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 04:29:02 PM »
Oh dear.
I hope you don't live in my part of the world.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 04:58:04 PM »
That would simply identify you as a driver who feels it necessary to wear a cap in a car, which would definitely indicate a driver for the rest of us to avoid.  ;D
Then watch out for me! I usually wear a cap for two reasons: Firstly there's no a lot of hair left to keep my head warm on a cold day and secondly the peak makes a useful sun visor on the sunny days which is much easier to move around (particularly for sun coming from the side) than the visor provided with the vehicle. Also, keeping the cap on my head saves having to look for it when I get out. However, it's a proper mens cap and not one of these baseball thingies.

Don't the HRV sun visors pivot through 90 ish degrees to cover the side windows when required? A handy feature on most cars and especially useful when on a North / South motorway early or late in the day.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 09:10:46 PM »

Don't the HRV sun visors pivot through 90 ish degrees to cover the side windows when required? A handy feature on most cars and especially useful when on a North / South motorway early or late in the day.
On modern cars though I find that my head gets in the way. I still move them over if I have to put it doesn't feel like a safe manoeuvre, one hand off the wheel, tugging at the visor while bending my head over to one side to get the visor across.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 10:35:25 PM »
On modern cars though I find that my head gets in the way. I still move them over if I have to put it doesn't feel like a safe manoeuvre, one hand off the wheel, tugging at the visor while bending my head over to one side to get the visor across.
You answered the question for me with the correct response. The visor does rotate but my head interferes with moving it between front and side. Perhaps those who like a semi-reclined driving position don't encounter this problem but I like to be relatively upright.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 08:21:53 AM »
I don't have a problem with head interference, I pull the visor from its clip but only pull it down as I turn it, this only requires a small head movement. It is not a frequent type of visor deployment so I don't find it a hassle. The baseball cap is a good substitute but there is no way I would wear one sideways or backwards, I grew out of that about 60 years ago.  :-)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:27:27 AM by Deeps »

guest7675

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 02:52:02 PM »
Great baseball cap with honda on lewis hamilton asks for his all the time although not back to front haha but if you have little hair i think better than a syrup of figs, or the old mans flat cap.

guest7675

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 02:55:05 PM »
Not sure if its been mentioned on the forum that the new 2017-18 honda jazz for uk is made in japan as they used to be assembled in uk.

Tags:

anything