Author Topic: Bumpy!  (Read 1668 times)

guest7218

Bumpy!
« on: November 12, 2017, 05:12:31 PM »
Hello everyone, apologies as I'm sure this subject will have been discussed before, I haven't had time yet to go through all ninety-odd pages yet lol.

After one week of owning my 2006 Sport, I've got one problem and one only - the ride. It's incredibly bumpy. I have a bad back and I'm finding it pretty hard work. Now obviously British roads aren't the best, but even allowing for that, I'm finding it very uncomfortable.

Is there anything I can do to improve this, or is it just something you have to like or lump?

:(

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Bumpy!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 05:52:48 PM »
I think it is just something that goes along with buying a Sport. The wheels, tyres and suspension make it pretty well a given thing.

guest7218

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 08:44:23 PM »
I was under the impression the Sport was basically the same car, same engine just with the extra skirts etc?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 09:22:33 PM »
You may well be right. Kwik Fit quote the same tyre size for the SE and the Sport. The Mk 1 Jazz is renowned for having a firm ride, as Auto Express stated in their review. Tyres should be 185/55H15. Check that is what is fitted to your car, as some enthusiast may have fitted wider tyres or possibly 16" wheels.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »
Yep, Mk1 / GD Sport is just a cosmetic job (Mk2 / GE Sport has differences), but the lower profile tyres on the 15" alloys do compromise the ride compared to the 14" wheel.  Tyre choice makes quite a difference, the original fit Bridgestone RE040 are quite harsh due the the fairly square shouldered performance oriented profile, other tyres can give a softer ride.
--
TG

Tags: