Author Topic: Can someone take a picture of something in their Jazz for me please?  (Read 1362 times)

Chris_Music

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
Hi Guys

So I'm having bit of trouble with my rear seats securing properly after installing some sound deadening.

The part on the floor in the rear which secures the rear seat when in it's normal position doesn't seem to be securing it correctly.
The rear seat doesn't feel like it's secured down.

I've taken some pictures of mine, and I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to take pictures of theirs so I can compare and try and get to the bottom of this.

Thank you in advance  :)

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
Re: Can someone take a picture of something in their Jazz for me please?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 05:26:10 PM »
Looks the same as mine:

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 07:11:22 PM »

I don't think it does secure down as such - as I recall, the squab just drops into place, and lifts up as needed.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 07:39:22 PM »
I don't think it does secure down as such - as I recall, the squab just drops into place, and lifts up as needed.
That's all my Mk 1 does.

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 09:23:09 PM »
Is it possible that the extra padding may have raised the latch enough to alter the angle of dangle. All it needs is a fraction of a mm or two to affect the snap action.

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 09:41:00 AM »
Looks the same as mine:

Thanks for the photo, looking at that little metal latch, it looks like it's securing the seat better, while the latch on mine doesn't quite go all the way down.

This is true, but it shouldn't be able to move freely when you sit down on it, i.e. you shouldn't be able to sit down and be able to lift up the seat (at least I don't think so). I can't say I've ever sat in the back of my own car to ever notice!

Is it possible that the extra padding may have raised the latch enough to alter the angle of dangle. All it needs is a fraction of a mm or two to affect the snap action.

This is what was originally the problem, so I removed all of the sound deadening from around the latch, and removed a load from where the seat bottom touches the carpet, and this greatly improved it. But it's still not how it should be.

I will investigate it more when I have the time, but I think it should probably be ok for the MOT.

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
Can someone take a picture of something in their Jazz for me please?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 12:00:05 AM »
Quote from: Chris_Music

Thanks for the photo, looking at that little metal latch, it looks like it's securing the seat better, while the latch on mine doesn't quite go all the way down.

I see what you mean. The seat snaps (with a sound) into that little latch and then it is secured.

Quote from: Chris_Music
This is true, but it shouldn't be able to move freely when you sit down on it, i.e. you shouldn't be able to sit down and be able to lift up the seat (at least I don't think so). I can't say I've ever sat in the back of my own car to ever notice!

When you’re sitting in the back the seat isn’t moving and you can’t lift it up.

Tags:

anything