Author Topic: Windscreen freezing on the inside  (Read 2537 times)

guest283

Windscreen freezing on the inside
« on: December 21, 2007, 11:12:12 AM »
Have had my Jazz now for a few weeks. No problems with it except, the last few mornings, when it has been frosty, the windscreen inside has to be scraped as well as the outside!

i have never had to do this with any of my other cars that i have had, only an old ford Cortina that i once had, showing my age now!!

Anybody any ideas as to why it does this. My husbands car is parked right next to mine and his is an old Astra estate car, his is fine, as he drives off he waves in the morning whilst i am trying to clear the screen still

guest102

• Topic Starter
Re: Windscreen freezing on the inside
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 08:12:12 PM »
Frost on the inside of the screen is usually caused by dampness inside the car, moisture evaporates as the heater warms up and instantly refreezes on contact with the cold screen always seems worse if used for short runs as the heater never gets warm enough to dry out the inside. A good long run with the heater on and window slightly open will normally dry it out. Use of the aircon if fitted will keep the inside less humid, but will not do much good when the ambient temp is below about 5 deg. C.

agent_paul

• Topic Starter
Re: Windscreen freezing on the inside
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 07:28:12 PM »
i recently spoke to an engineer while booking in my jazz and he was telling me that water could be running down the windows behind the weather seal. so im guessing something like that could be happening.

Tags:

anything