Author Topic: Sunroof Seal/Gasket……  (Read 3642 times)

guest277

Sunroof Seal/Gasket……
« on: July 26, 2007, 12:12:14 PM »
Hi

New to this forum , and I am after a bit of advice or info.

I bought the wife a secondhand 2004 Jazz 1 year ago after buying a Fit (Japan Import Jazz) in Cyprus, and was impressed with it.

The Jazz in the UK has had a couple of problems like, drivers seat bushes going allowing the seat to rock under acceleration and braking, rear electric motor requiring replacement.

I have two issues I am concerned about still:-

i) The engine has a rattle coming from it especially when cold, and when the air-con is no. Dealer says this is normal and is OK? Sad Huh

ii) The sunroof seal/gasket which is fixed to the sunroof glass itself seems to be perishing with little bits coming out of it. Quite bad at one point leaving a hole into the hollow seal/gasket. If you stretch the seal/gasket were there is no bit missing, you can see cracks in the rubber that open up. If you rub your finger on the seal/gasket the black of the gasket comes off badly on to your finger. Dealer says that mice,rat or birds are eating it? Shocked

I would like to know if anybody else has had these problems, if so did they get them sorted? The car is parked in the drive, and not under cover.

Looking forward of any ideas, answers, etc Smiley

Regards
Colin

guest238

• Topic Starter
Re: Sunroof Seal/Gasket……
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 08:20:20 PM »
The engine can be rattly when cold, largly due to it being a cam-chain engine.

I’m not convinced about the sunroof seal. I can’t see mice eating it, maybe the bird’s would peck at though? Hard to say without seeing it.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 04:45:11 PM »
[quote:1l26iwjt]I have two issues I am concerned about still:-

ii) If you stretch the seal/gasket were there is no bit missing, you can see cracks in the rubber that open up. If you rub your finger on the seal/gasket the black of the gasket comes off badly on to your finger.[/quote]

My first Jazz had this although only little bits came off on your finger. I think it’s just the material. But mine never had any actual holes, suggesting that maybe the dealer is correct that birds are picking at it.

Is your Jazz a dark colour? My first one was Eternal Blue (dark metallic blue) I think the colour attracted the seagulls (as did my black Civic and Fiat Punto) as they could see their reflection in the paint!

guest277

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »
Hi
Thanks for replys, but still puzzled about the seal on the sunroof thou, it is a light blue Jazz. Undecided Undecided

Thanks
Colin

guest302

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »
Hi, every 2nd hand jazz and civic we saw had something going on about window seals. I don”t know why…
I had a Rover 400 for 8 years and all the seals were pretty much as good as new by the time I got rid, so what is Honda’s excuse?

Tags: