Author Topic: Easter Monday clean  (Read 10821 times)

harry22673

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
Easter Monday clean
« on: April 06, 2015, 08:13:49 PM »
Used this Monday to have a good scrub
Was the first time the inside of the wheels was done and now they're pristine

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:16:15 PM by harry22673 »

guest4324

Re: Easter Monday clean
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 09:34:40 AM »
Good job! I've been working over Easter but this week I'm off shift for a few days and it should be 20° so it's time for my summer wheels to go back on and a proper clean as well.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 12:18:03 AM »
braver than me jet washing your engine

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 09:29:16 AM »

I agree,  i thought one of the reasons the bonnet is there was to to protect the engine from water - I doubt that many of the plugs and bits under the bonnet have a suitable sealing against normal plain dripping water, let alone with detergent and at high pressure- I won't even use a jetwash on the bodywork - its just not fair to the paint, which due to EU VOC regulations doesn't seem as good as it used to be. 

Some garages used to steam clean engines before working on them to aid detection of leaks and to keep mechanics hands clean, but i am sure they only did the metal bits.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

harry22673

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 12:08:57 PM »
Wasn't jet washed
And anyway I only wiped the bad looking surfaces

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 06:15:38 PM »

I agree,  i thought one of the reasons the bonnet is there was to to protect the engine from water - I doubt that many of the plugs and bits under the bonnet have a suitable sealing against normal plain dripping water, let alone with detergent and at high pressure- I won't even use a jetwash on the bodywork - its just not fair to the paint, which due to EU VOC regulations doesn't seem as good as it used to be. 

Some garages used to steam clean engines before working on them to aid detection of leaks and to keep mechanics hands clean, but i am sure they only did the metal bits.

Modern under bonnet electronics are very well sealed against water because water and dirt and oil and whatever rubbish is left on the road is sprayed up by the car in front and ingested through the radiator at the front.  You only need look at an engine after a long run at speed in rain on a motorway. It will be soaking wet.

If electronics were not properly sealed, engines would stop dead under those conditions.. (Early Rover Montegos did as water entered the ECU...:-)

guest5355

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 05:10:51 PM »
Wasn't jet washed
And anyway I only wiped the bad looking surfaces

Hi . I use Johnson pledge, Multi-Surface - 5 in 1, and two soft cloths, I spray one cloth with the cleaner rub over the covers etc. and clean it off with the other cloth, for the difficult parts to reach try using cheap paint brushes (from Wilko's) makes the engine look great.

guest5079

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 11:44:06 AM »
The engine looks really smart BUT what confuses me, ( my Wife says not difficult ) is the cowl cover on Harry22673's sport which appears to be much smaller than on my 2010 EX I shift, as I can see a lot more engine.
No importance but merely illustrates the variations by manufacturers.

harry22673

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 12:09:54 PM »
The engine looks really smart BUT what confuses me, ( my Wife says not difficult ) is the cowl cover on Harry22673's sport which appears to be much smaller than on my 2010 EX I shift, as I can see a lot more engine.
No importance but merely illustrates the variations by manufacturers.
Put on a picture

Tags:

anything