Author Topic: How to Swich Blades on Flip Remote Keys  (Read 7651 times)

kotarou

• Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
  • My Honda: Honda FIT GE6 Flex BRDM
How to Swich Blades on Flip Remote Keys
« on: February 22, 2013, 01:00:19 AM »
Well I'm not sure If this D.I.Y. Will be usefull in Europe. But I think This Key is used on the new Jazz 2012.
Mine is from Japan CR-Z and the Acura one is from TL (As far as I can remeber)

Warning :
ClubJazz and Kotarou are not responsible for damage and losts caused by these instructions. Be sure that you have the necessary tools and skills.

The Objective here is to show step by step how to swap the battery (possibly) and mainly the KeyBlade.

Tools:
Philips ScrewDriver PH.1 and PH00
It's recomended to use a good tool or a big one to support strenght

Warning, the procedure below is complex:

1 - Don't try if you don't have the right screwdrivers.
2 - You will need calm and patience, losing a screw or a spring will make you so mad.

So let's go:

Keyblade Swap From Acura Key to CR-Z / Accord Tourer / Jazz Europe 2012

This tutorial is just if you need a new key body and don't want to reprogram the key.

Complexity: High

I did this mod because this new key has the H logo from honda used in Europe and Japan.

So here it is the Acura Flip Key

Let begin by dissasembly and unscrew this one which holds the plastic cover.

This another plastic cover, which stays above the key release button is hold by a double sided tape. Just lift it carefully using some force to open.

So here it is the complex part, remove the screws that lock the blade. There are three screws, two blacks and 1 silver.
As you can see, i'm using an electric Screwdriver (Makita) to unscrew the screws, but i'm using as a giant screwdriver to make it easier. Do not use the electric motor, otherwise you will end up damaging the scrcew head.

So for the black ones use the PH.1 and on the silver one PH00. The silver can be removed with a smaller screwdriver but do not change the tips! It's important to make some force downwards and unscrew it.
So why this? All these screws are locked with loctite glue or similar, that's why it's difficult.
The spring under it does not hold much pressure, it's easy to remove. But rememeber were it's holding in place. You 'll need it.

Now it's time to do the same on the other key...

Let's assemble? Look at the components.

Leave the keyblade like this to reassemble the spring, otherwhise it'll be too difficult to reposition it with the spring with some load, because when the key is stored the spring is tensioned.

So here are the screws. Look that one is damaged... this one was swaped for a good one (I have spares) But it's good to knowand take care to not happen this.

Final:

Honda Fit LX MT Flex (Gas/Ethanol) GE6 - NH700M / Pivot 3Drive Alpha / PIAA Northern Star White / Aquaclean / PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow / Honda EuroHorn / Honda EU Fog Lights LHD Kit / Honda EU BT Kit

Tags: