Author Topic: Battery age  (Read 1568 times)

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
Battery age
« on: August 25, 2017, 05:21:38 PM »
Hi,
Is there any way I can find the age of my battery? It is a 2011 cvt which I bought 2 years ago. The battery fitted is a bosch silver 40ah which  may not be the original so hopefully it is a replacement. Static voltage after standing overnight is 12.7  but I no longer have the kit for a discharge test,
Chris

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Battery age
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 05:57:27 PM »
That voltage looks good,  there should be a date on the battery (I always write the date I fitted a battery on top with a permanent pen pity everyone doesn't). Trouble is date is probably on one of the sides, so may have to remove  battery to find it.  I doubt Honda would fit a Bosch silver as OEM, so I would guess its a replacement.

Have you had any trouble starting ?  A good test may be to turn headlights on and start car,  lights should dim a bit (a good battery voltage drops to around 9volts when starting).

Being a CVT means you need a good battery as cannot be bump started.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 06:03:30 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 06:00:55 PM »
From what I found Bosch batteries have a laser etched code which includes the month and year of manufacture. I found this, among other stuff.
https://bmwops.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/how-can-i-tell-how-old-my-bosch-car-battery-is/

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 06:17:49 PM »
http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7546443_can-old-bosch-car-battery.html

another link,  basically same information..............................
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything