Author Topic: HELP - All Passenger doors stuck  (Read 11842 times)

ndsee

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 09 EX
HELP - All Passenger doors stuck
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:40:36 PM »
So after months of random door locking problems, all of the passenger doors locks have became stuck.  I can't open then by any means inside or out.  I managed to get the front passenger door card off (with the door closed - that was fun) but you can't access any of the mechanism.  I've fully charged the battery and the solenoids in the rear doors clunk when activated but then locking latches have no effect and feel disconnected.  Driver's door works fine.  Any ideas as passengers now have to climb in through  door or boot!!!!

guest1372

Re: HELP - All Passenger doors stuck
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 04:30:05 PM »
A couple of clarifications might help -
Do you get any clunk from the passenger doors when unlocking with either the key or remote?
Is there movement of the interior lock buttons at all when operating the central locking?

The diagrams and guide here may help troubleshoot this: http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual3/ > Body > Security/Keyless Entry/Locks
--
TG

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 07:52:48 PM »
Do you have a button on the drivers door that locks the other doors?

Have you tried pressing the door open fob button twice? Once might just open the drivers door?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 08:38:42 PM »
Have you tried pressing the door open fob button twice? Once might just open the drivers door?

its worth a try,  but I have often wished Honda did this in UK as it is good security,  especially for women.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

ndsee

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 11:55:33 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions,
TG the solenoids sound as though they are firing in all locks but the handles/buttons feel completely disconnected.
As an update, I took it to the local Honda dealer and they ran diagnostics on it but couldn't identify the problem.  They have suggested finding a good auto-electrician OR replacing the actuators at the cost of £860!!!
However, after leaving the garage, the front passenger door lock started working again (Mrs C is pleased she doesn't have to climb any more!) so I would suggest that the actuators are ok?
I'll run through the tests on your very useful link and report back...

applicationcen

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Jazz EX i-Shift
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 02:00:18 PM »
spray them with teflon?

guest1372

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 05:33:23 PM »
One final thought, although it's opposite to your symptoms as the car normally won't lock.

On Mk1 and some Mk2 the boot lid handle gets a little stuck, this stops the lock mechanism from fully returning to it's home position which prevents the central locking from doing it's job.  A little lubrication either side of the tailgate handle up by the number plate lights fixes it.
--
TG

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 09:49:59 PM »
Hi,
It would seem that your doors are super locking for some reason, this means that the doors cannot be opened by any of the door catches. Normally you need to operate the lock sequence twice, first time locks, second time superlocks and cuts out the internal  door catches, the doors cannot be opened even if the car is broken into.normal unlock should release the locks but for some reason yours does not. I would guess that the master control unit is faulty but I have no idea where this is located on your car. On my mark one I bought and fitted an after market unit from ebay as originally it was key only. Possibly you could find a decent auto electrician to remove the old unit and fit a new one,
Chris

ndsee

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 08:05:40 PM »
So, after digesting the relevant pages from the fantastic link TG supplied I spent the afternoon mainly upside down in the driver's footwell with a 12v battery and DMM.
ChrisV you're correct with the super-locking and I checked the fuses and relays which were fine.  I eventually deactivated the super-locks by reverse biasing them with the 12v battery so I now have doors which you can actually open :-) and I've removed the relays to (hopefully) prevent this happening again.
So my next problem is that none of the passenger doors lock/unlock via central locking (key or remote) so they need to be manually locked. So, tomorrows task is to fault find this. I suspect that the passenger door lock actuator is dodge as it has an impedance of ~200R so might order a replacement for this anyway.
Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll keep yo posted...

Aladar

• Registered Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 01:50:56 PM »
Great thread. Saved me a lot of time and money.

In my case , 2 of the doors (Passenger and Rear Left) on my father in law’s 2007 Jazz were stuck in super lock.  The problem turned out to be one of the superlock relays had high resistance normally closed contacts.

To unlock the doors, there needs to be a good low resistance path through the superlock relay normally closed contact to ground. If you remove the superlock relay you need to connect the common changeover contact of the relay to ground otherwise the doors won’t electrically unlock. I bypassed the relay temporarily until I could get a replacement relay (about £1.50 on  EBay). 

The relays weren’t in the passenger footwell as shown in the manual linked to earlier in the thread, but were just above the main fuse and relay panel under the dash. (Top left).

Tags: