Author Topic: 2010 1.4 V-tec i-Shift  (Read 2449 times)

guest4093

2010 1.4 V-tec i-Shift
« on: June 04, 2013, 11:06:46 AM »
Car bought new and have had idle speed problems for 2 years.
Idle speed remains at 1100 rpm when vehicle is in motion and in neutral and only returns to 750 rpm after 2 secs at standstill. Consequent problem with downchanging into 1st - loud clonking noise. Also the car continually pulls the car forward in traffic as it engine will not return to normal idle. Idle speed when cold is around 1700 rpm - about 500 rpm higher than normally expected. Also there is a hesitation with engine every time throttle pedal is touched when accelerating.
The car ran absolutely perfectly for 5000 miles before all these problems appeared. I Live in south of France and the only 2 dealers in whole region are appallingly bad - they think all these problems are either normal or do not want to know. I had to force them by legal means to cure a very severe clutch judder problem and even that took 2 years.
I think the problem could be a corrupted engine mapping problem.
Any ideas ?

guest3858

• Topic Starter
Re: 2010 1.4 V-tec i-Shift
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 05:09:24 PM »
Hi the idle speed is normal my car rev to 1700 rpm everytime i start the engine when cold  when the engine is warm stays at 1100 rpm and when hot revs to 500 rpm all of this is normal spoke to Honda and they say is normal.
The cluking noise can be a lose engine/gearbox mount.

guest4093

• Topic Starter
Re: 2010 1.4 V-tec i-Shift
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 11:43:48 AM »
Thanks for info batman, however the clunking noise is the gearbox changing down into 1st gear with the clutch actuated at the wrong rpm ie it is too high.
All thes problems are with a new car and these problems have been present for nearly 2 years. An independant car expert who was appointed by the legal company to fix the clutch and gearchange problems under warranty agreed with my diagnosis that the idle speed needed to be looked at and was probably a software problem as the honda diagnostic showed no faults with sensors or other monitored items.
Real problem here is the appallingly bad level of service from the honda dealerships here otherwise I would have them solve the problem.

Tags: