Author Topic: poor lights  (Read 5071 times)

guest1112

poor lights
« on: April 04, 2012, 04:45:45 PM »
does anybody know if the 2009 jazz ex is fitted with Canbus system lights ? i want to upgrade mine to led on my sidelights and upgrade on dipped/main beam ..any suggestions... 

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
Re: poor lights
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 07:42:26 PM »
Regarding to this site it might be fitted with Canbus system:
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-W5W-led-bulbs/?bulb_search=c8234&end=front
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:48:58 PM by DV »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 09:20:05 PM »
Honda jazz definitely does not have a canbus system - all jazz are wired in conventional way
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 08:30:06 PM »
What is wrong with your lights?  I have a Jazz and also a BMW, which has 4 headlamps when on full beam and I find the Jazz lights have better penetration and on dip, a much better cut-off than the Hella lamps fitted to the BMW.

A friend spent quite a lot on getting a HID kit for his BMW and a big fiddle getting all the parts (ballast, etc fitted).  They were a bit brighter we agreed, but not worth 3 times the price of replacement halogen bulbs.

I replaced the festoon interior bulb in my Jazz since one of my customers imports them from China.  Only 2 watts as opposed to 10 for the incandescent bulbs.  Maybe slightly brighter but you don't read the newspaper in the car
If music be the food of love, play on

guest3190

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 12:07:54 AM »
Hi Belknap

Ive upgraded my (501) sidelights to LEDs and I used canbus 4 led front facing which gives enough light, what upgrade were you thinking of for the main/dipped beam? I was looking at putting in (H4) Osram Nightbreaker Plus 60/55w bulbs as I have read on another forum that they give a whiter look than stock lamps without going down the HID route. Though there are also Xenon H4 60/55 bulbs you can buy which give the white look of HID lamps.

If you were thinking about going the 35w HID route, then if your in the UK, I don`t believe there are any complete headlamp kits with appropriate reflectors made for the Jazz. Check out the following link: http://assets.dft.gov.uk/publications/dft-information-sheets/aftermarket-hid-headlamps.pdf and read what it says about their useage in aftermarket form. Don`t forget your insurance policy may/could be invalidated for not complying. Sorry to be a kill joy.

Regarding poor lights..I find the Honda Jazz main/dipped headlamps to work perfectly well and give a really good beam. I must admit the standard sidelights are absolute trash though.

Hope that helps.

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 03:17:01 PM »
I`m happy with the Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs, noticeable better than conventional bulbs.

guest1272

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 04:12:13 PM »
I agree, sidelights are very poor, so I upgraded to canbus LED ones which are much brighter (and therefore make you more visible in overcast conditions).
Of course, once the sidelights where changed to white LED, the main lights looked far too yellow so I also upgraded those to equivalent xenons - but this was mainly because they look whiter and are a closer match to the LED sidelights rather than me wanting anything "brighter". I think the stock bulbs are bright enough (on a sidenote, I don't think an HID retrofit would be worth it cost wise)

Tags: