Author Topic: Locking issues + some malfunctions  (Read 5129 times)

Beneeeeek

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz (ex) mk2 2009
Locking issues + some malfunctions
« on: December 04, 2023, 02:57:25 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.
I've spent some time at searching through this website to find the answers for my problems but couldn't find any solutions.

So to the point. After a heavy raining I started my car in the morning as usual and after a few minutes of driving I noticed on the dashboard that message about open boot shows up and dissapears after a second, it turns out that it shows up when I turn on the rear wiper (strange)
I ignored that as fought that's just one time thing but when I parked my car I also couldn't lock it from the fob (it works when I lock it by inserting the key) and opening works fine.
I assume there's some connections between all that. I changed the battery in the fob and disconnected the battery in car to see if that might help.
Car is Honda jazz Ex 2009
Any ideas what happened or what to do?
Many thanks for any help.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Locking issues + some malfunctions
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 03:50:26 PM »
The fob may  not working because the car 'thinks' the boot is still open . It disables central locking because the car would not actually be fully secure.   When you solve the boot sensor problem I think it would again central lock from the fob.  .

But I dont know how to fix the boot sensor. :-[   Older cars may have a simple plunger switch  .  These can sometimes be adjusted,either by screwing the plunger in or out , or by adjusting the 'plate' where it makes contact. The wire to the switch might be loose or corroded, or the switch might have a poor earth to the car bodywork due to rust etc.   .  But newer cars may detect by sophisticated electronics, way beyond my knowledge.  I dont know what your car has.

Its possible the rear wipers and  boot switch  are connected  - perhaps literally by a wiring short circuit or something.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 04:04:39 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Beneeeeek

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz (ex) mk2 2009
Re: Locking issues + some malfunctions
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 05:57:18 PM »
!SOLVED!
At least for now. It turned out that it had nothing to do with the lock itself. What I did was I took of the plastic cover on the back of right rear lamp, there are some connectors there and not much room to stick a finger in there unless you decide to take off all of the plastics around. Then I unplugged the ones that I could reach and I sprayed them with Wd40 and plugged them back in. Must admit that I could see some water flowing down on one of the cables. Anyway that solved the issue, I have no idea if that will last but at least I know where to search if that occurs again.

Tags: