Author Topic: Part Number for clips  (Read 2641 times)

jazzphil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz GE
Part Number for clips
« on: November 07, 2023, 08:43:12 AM »
As we know, changing spark plugs involves removing the scuttle at the base of the windscreen.  DIY videos indicate these will break, so I want to get some before attempting the job.  Apparently there are two different clips.  Anyone done this job and know the part numbers of the clips?  You'll probably say just ask a Honda dealer, but they are miles away, so I'd like to buy on line...

Thanks.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Let's be careful out there !

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: Part Number for clips
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 11:30:50 AM »
Recently replaced my plugs, and yeah the clips are a little tricky. I only had one break as I was patient when removing them, and I have used a tiny cable tie in it's place. Might not be ok for you, but I wasn't worried about one clip.

I found this post very helpful https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8028.msg39360#msg39360

And if you don't have it already, the manual is here: https://hondafitjazz.com/manual3/index.html

Hope your plug change goes well.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 11:36:48 AM »
I changed plugs at 50K miles. Managed to break nothing.
Did it on a warm day. Plastic is more flexible. Not a winter job unless a heated garage - which I do not have...

jazzphil

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz GE
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 01:49:28 PM »
Thanks for the tips and links guys.  Going by the experience of those posts I think I can happily delay the plug change for a while yet.  I'm in a similar position to ianh, with a low mileage car but 10 years old.  So I intended to change just as a precaution...but it seems that will be unnecessary.

Tags:

anything