Author Topic: Air conditioning leaving pool of water in garage  (Read 575 times)

hemming

• Approved Member
Air conditioning leaving pool of water in garage
« on: January 30, 2022, 01:27:32 PM »
I assume that a pool of liquid under the front of my Jazz is condensation form the a/c.
Is it normal (at current temperatures) for this to take several days to dry out please?

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Air conditioning leaving pool of water in garage
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 02:18:58 PM »
I assume that a pool of liquid under the front of my Jazz is condensation form the a/c.
Is it normal (at current temperatures) for this to take several days to dry out please?

Quite normal to get water under car from aircon evaporator ( the cold bit ) - in this weather it can often freeze up and collect frost / ice.  Incidentally the water in the evaporator matrix can end up on the windscreen as mist when car first started,  I normally turn aircon off for last mile before stopping as this allows the system to dry out and not mist the screen up when you next start the car.  The problem with poorly ventilated garage is that they can get humid inside,  which is not good for the car,.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 02:20:36 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything