Author Topic: Wind Deflectors  (Read 1387 times)

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Wind Deflectors
« on: June 18, 2020, 08:16:11 PM »
Has anyone used Team Hako wind deflectors?
I was just about to order some from Ebay and saw that in the description it said unsuitable for models with automatic folding electric mirrors. Now I know my electric mirrors aren't automatic but I do fold the mirrors in when leaving the car in car parks, so I would prefer wind deflectors that allow this.

Or is there a more suitable brand?

Thanks

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Wind Deflectors
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 10:41:19 PM »
I would go for ClimAir deflectors , have used them on Mk1 & 2 quality. Fronts are £40 odd
Give them a call >020 8309 7744

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 01:05:06 PM »
Cheers Olduser 1, do the ClimAir deflectors allow the door mirrors to fold shut?

Hondachap

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honnda Jazz
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 05:11:40 PM »
Has anyone used Team Hako wind deflectors?
I was just about to order some from Ebay and saw that in the description it said unsuitable for models with automatic folding electric mirrors. Now I know my electric mirrors aren't automatic but I do fold the mirrors in when leaving the car in car parks, so I would prefer wind deflectors that allow this.
Hi Ozzie . As an ADI like yourself i  found theyour can create a bit of a blindspot when approaching roundabouts . Other than that they are good at keeping the air flowing through the car without rain water coming in . Regards folding mirrors I didn't see any bother in that respect

Or is there a more suitable brand?

Thanks

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 05:37:37 PM »
Hi, I have the Climair just for the front windows-maybe pricier than other makes but are brilliant.

No, they do not cause any bother with folding mirrors, not electric anyway. have had them on mine for a fwe years.

1 tip I will give, is make sure you have an extra pair of hands to help place. These are not held in by clips, but by pure pressure, hence the 4 hands as you have to bend to fit! You will think as you're bending to fit that you have somehow ordered the wrong size or for wrong car-you haven't-it just takes a bit of nerve to bend and fit! Once in, they ain't moving. Mine haven't.

Good luck with it.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 06:40:30 AM »
As last comment + wait from really warm day leave deflctors in sun then fit after reading instuctions.

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 09:01:28 PM »
I've just ordered a full set of ClimAir deflectors, £95, but can offset it against the taxman as its PPE on driving lessons.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2020, 08:38:20 AM »
Hi Ozzie, I read in a adi forum that wind deflector may be classed as modification and one needs to inform the insurance company. I called BG insurance and they need to add £60 if I was to add this to.my Jazz. Please check this out with your insurance.

Can't believe Govt still hasn't mentioned when we can go back to work. Best wishes.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:55:04 PM by 123Drive! »

Mo_1986

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 09 Jazz 1.4 EX
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 12:44:33 PM »
I have team Heko on my 5 series and they are brilliant, I like the design of them as they are flat and discreet.
Climair design wise is rounded and much more pronounced.  They suited my accord type R but not sure about the jazz or my 5 series.
Heko are also considerably cheaper and the quality is amazing, I've had them on my car for 7 years without any issues at all.

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 06:17:59 PM »
Hi Ozzie, I read in a adi forum that wind deflector may be classed as modification and needs one needs to inform the insurance company. I called BG insurance and they need to add £60 if I was to add this to.my Jazz. Please check this out.with your insurance.

Can't believe Govt still hasn't mentioned when we can go back to work. Best wishes.
Oh what? I will call once I have them fitted. I think my renewal is up next month, so it may be a negotiation point.

Keep the faith, we will be back on the road sometime this year.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2020, 03:41:40 PM »
Honda calls them "door visors" - a name which is less likely to excite the insurance companies than "wind deflectors" which suggests a modification that could significantly affect the aerodynamics.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2020, 07:14:08 PM »

I read today that driving instruction can start again on July 4th. I was surprised because I have seen Driving School cars with pupils in locally. I know  they are instructing because they use a junction outside my house to practice a 180degree turn from the main road into a minor road and have never stopped doing so.

Vic.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 10:29:51 PM »

I read today that driving instruction can start again on July 4th. I was surprised because I have seen Driving School cars with pupils in locally. I know  they are instructing because they use a junction outside my house to practice a 180degree turn from the main road into a minor road and have never stopped doing so.

Vic.

We can teach Keyworkers. However, many Adi have gone back to work even though this is not allowed, and can invalidate their insurance. I m not here to say what's right and wrong, but I guess financial reason is important, which I fully understand. But in the other hand, there's chance of infection, hence I didn't teach.

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2020, 07:00:03 AM »
So the ClimAir deflectors arrived yesterday. The rear ones are a doddle to fit, peel off the tape and slot them in the gap. The front ones put up a bit of a struggle but wasn't too bad as the instructions suggested using washing up liquid as a lubricant, which is a good tip.
They look good, lets hope they work well.

Tags: