Author Topic: Over heating please serious help  (Read 1947 times)

Takumi.86

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz 2005 gd1 1.3 idsi
Over heating please serious help
« on: May 04, 2024, 11:51:02 PM »
I have a 2005 honda jazz 1.3 idsi in middle east, I have a serious problem need help as the mechanics here are noob. Please help!!!

I had a overhearing problem with my jazz it reached 120 degrees i shut the engine immediately, then filled coolant and drove to mechanic, had the small vaccum pipe leaking the steel one which goes over the intake. Then i removed the thermostat i did a delete on it idk i taught it was the thermostat, soon my radiator fan stopped working i could not find the issue so they made it run always. Car was okay for some days. Again i had a small leakage i cant figure out from where. The problem i encounter now is so strange " car stays cold for long when starts after a 25km run was heating, I shut the engine before it vouched 105 degrees and waited for 10 seconds turned the engine on and car was fine dropping temperature from 103 to 74 and then drove back hom 25kms and before I reach home had the same issue but i killed the engine before it reached 103. And once my car was at 98 i opened the radiator cap while the car running topped it up with water and waited for long but temperature did not go down from 98 it should stay at 80 as no thermostat and fan running all the time waited for 5 mins still same after 1 min of driving started dropping the temperature and went to 74 and my sensor seems fine as i know car feels different when over 100 degree Celsius. My mechanic states that i have a bad head maybe the reason for it. Also after 10 hours of sitting when i open the radiator cap without starting the car there is a strong hissing sound of releasing pressure from radiator, also my reservoir is not used stays full the whole time. Please i need help as headgasket is a big work

c.lday44

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Honda Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSi
Re: Over heating please serious help
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 07:05:28 PM »
Not sure what's going on exactly but the reason the car stays cold for so long is because of your lack of thermostat...

Tags: