Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda & Other Honda Models / What's happening with Honda's breakdown assistance?
« Last post by ColinB on May 05, 2024, 09:05:51 PM »
Just happened to look at the page on Honda's website detailed the complimentary breakdown assistance ...
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/breakdown-assistance.html
... and was slightly alarmed to read this:
"Please be aware that Honda Accident Assistance is currently unavailable. Therefore the current scope of services offered by Honda may differ from those displayed on the Honda website or communicated to you previously."
I don't have separate breakdown & recovery insurance on the understanding that the Honda product was available and gets renewed at every service. At the very least I would have expected to be informed about anything other than a very short service outage. Anyone know what's happening? Especially what the response might be if anyone contacts them after a breakdown or accident?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Jazzdriver on May 05, 2024, 08:49:29 PM »
I had my passenger side door mirror replaced. (The dealer said they had replaced a few.  I don't know if its always the passenger one.)  The passenger windscreen washer started to squirt too low down.  The dealer said it couldn't be adjusted, but they did something that fixed it.

The blank or cover for  the towing  eye came out a number of times.  I haven't had it replaced.  I have wedged it in, but it isn't flush, so I will ask them to replace it when I get it serviced in September.  They should do it under warranty,  as they have said they have had to replace a few when I mentioned it to  them.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Newbie Jazz help!
« Last post by c.lday44 on May 05, 2024, 07:12:34 PM »
The 7 speed button indicates you've bought a CVT Jazz. When you press the 7 speed button it basically gives you 7 simulated "gears" you can change between with the paddles, when it's off it's a normal CVT gearbox I believe. I'd be inclined to believe you have an issue with the gearbox if the judder disappears when it's in 7 speed mode (CVT's are notorious for failure and short lives on other cars, I'm not sure if the Jazz is the same - I believe I heard somethere where all mk1 Jazzes have some form of gearbox issues though, Manual or Auto!)

I doubt new fluid will fix it but could be worth a shot. Is there anything in the service history for gearbox oil? If it's never been serviced that could be why, depending on mileage.

Probably a 1.4 i-DSi CVT MK1 as the Mk1 Jazz has like... 6 configurations to choose from (1.2/1.4, Manual/CVT, SE/Sport)

Mk8 civic shares the same small L series engine so you probably know some things about it!
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: sunglasses for driving
« Last post by pebbles on May 05, 2024, 07:06:45 PM »
thanks guys, I think I'll just get a pair of non polarising flip ups to put on my normal prescription glasses.

A quick look online , it seems nearly all flip ups and clip ons for sale are polarised but I have found one seller who can supply non polarised. He says non polarised flip ups are becoming more popular with the increasing amount of displays in cars , boats , planes etc.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Over heating please serious help
« Last post by c.lday44 on May 05, 2024, 07:05:28 PM »
Not sure what's going on exactly but the reason the car stays cold for so long is because of your lack of thermostat...
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Spacesaver spare wheel
« Last post by davejazz on May 05, 2024, 06:53:43 PM »
In this situation of a slowish puncture, and you decide to carefully drive on to the next (motorway) services, I had heard that the breakdown companies won’t attend; as they would if you are on the hard shoulder.

I would love to have this possible myth dismantled!

As I have not yet experienced this dire situation far from home yet (fingers crossed!) I cannot tell you about the demeanour of breakdown companies.
My only "slow puncture" so far occured only five miles from home and I was able to go to the tyre shop of my choice and they were like: "What do you want? - Everything looks okay!" - Yes - That's because I inflated the tyre before I drove to you!

Turned out there was a screw in the tyre and they were able to remove it and safely fix the puncture because I didn't apply the gunk.

So, I'm a bit at a loss regarding the "myth" part of your posting - care to clarify?

The “myth” part of my post, was that the services were not classed as the highway for breakdown assist, and a removal truck would be required, (at a cost), for onward travel to a garage for repair.

I await the thoughts of others.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by UKjim on May 05, 2024, 06:39:27 PM »
I'm in Greater Manchester.

Installed about 2 weeks ago and installed another in my friend's car last weekend, he also removed his Alpine for the same reasons as me.

Not really explored all the features of the Android side as I use it on CarPlay all the time, but the range of applications is immense on Android. Haven't really noticed any negatives up to now other than the fact that the RHD version of the faceplate does not have a cutout for the passenger SRS warning light, I simply connected it and left it behind the fascia, it annoyed me anyway. This will not fail an MOT as a lot of cars don't even have this feature, my MX-5 for one.

Sound quality is every bit as good as the Alpine or maybe a little better. I'll take a few photos tomorrow.

You need to order directly from the JOYING store on AliExpress, current price is around £300. I sent them a message with a photo of the rear of my Honda headunit so they knew how to configure the unit for me & include the correct loom and CANBUS controller. Everything was plug & play and it worked straight out of the box. I will attach a photo of the rear of the Honda HU in case you don't have one.

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Bristol_Crosstar on May 05, 2024, 06:04:20 PM »
Like many others, I’m concerned every time I get in the car now.
So far have had the passenger side wing mirror problem and front windscreen washer replaced.

Had Honda Jazz for many years now and all been super reliable, mine is a Crosstar 20 plate so would be interested if anyone else is so far trouble free.
I changed my 70 plate Crosstar a couple of weeks ago, had brake fluid replaced last August and brakes were fine when I p/ex it. Didn't affect the trade in price.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by Dave T on May 05, 2024, 05:48:14 PM »
I am new to Honda Cars (been with Skoda last 25 years).  I have the Jazz Advance registered in May 23 and purchased it a few weeks back for Honda in Gatwick. Ex demo with really low mileage, as new.

I have a part time job at Portbury Docks near Bristol and I drive many brands of  new cars off the container ships as they arrive in the UK. The Honda, Toyotas and Mazdas were in my view streets ahead of other makes.

It was a close run call between a Honda Jazz and a Toyota Yaris Cross, but for my circumstances the space in the Jazz and the magic seats made it a winner.  Now my Jazz Advance  has a massive 3000 miles showing :D
 it has its first service later this week, and I have been really pleased with it.  It came with a 5 years service plan so even better...
So now I am thinking about extending the warranty for another 3 years after the initial 3. There is currently £100 off the price so makes it more appealing. It is peace of mind really with all the electronics in the modern Hybrid...
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by zesty_bum on May 05, 2024, 05:40:31 PM »
Your “pros” are pretty exhaustive actually  :) any cons? Sounds like it needs some configuration from the seller in order for it to work
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10