Author Topic: Service due.  (Read 2304 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Service due.
« on: June 05, 2017, 01:51:22 PM »
My service is due this month so I picked up the necessary parts while at work. Very pleasantly surprised.
8 off NKG BKR6E-11 spark plugs.
Oil filter.
Air filter.
Cabin filter.
5 Litres 5W-30 fully synthetic oil.
Total cost, inclusive of VAT. £45.90
The oil, at £16.80, was the dearest item.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Service due.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 08:17:57 PM »
so where was this place you went to?????

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 08:55:11 PM »
TMS Motor Spares, here in Kirkcaldy. Based in Carlisle, they have outlets in the very north of England as well as the Scottish Borders and Central belt. They compete with Euro Car Parts and Dingbro, supplying to garages as well as Joe Public. I get 10% staff discount, but the set of eight plugs only cost me £14.98, so £16.64 without the discount.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:08:03 PM by Jocko »

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 07:15:57 AM »
Thought I would replace my air filter and cabin filter this morning, save my son-in-law the bother when he does service for me. So much for the service that the dealer had carried out prior to selling me the car. First I did the cabin filter - except there wasn't one! I pulled out the drawer and it was empty!! Washed the drawer out before fitted the new filter. Then I did the air filter. It was filthy. How the engine was breathing at all is anyone's guess. Amazing I was averaging 52 mpg with a filter in that state. Hopefully I may even see better figures now it is changed. I wonder what the rear set of plugs will be like????? :o

MikeG1944

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 CVT SE 2008
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 09:05:56 AM »
Yes Jocko, dealer 'services' are not all they are supposed to be. I knew a friend that worked for a Ford garage many, many years ago and they did fleet vehicle servicing. If they were running OK they used to put them round the back of the works for a few hours, wash them down and do the paperwork. :(

guest5079

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 09:20:03 AM »
So this moany old git is not the only one who feels let down by a car sale!!!!!!!

guest1372

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 12:16:08 PM »
Cars sales is really about minimising costs, I think that's why a service and a valet get conflated.  At least someone did not just put the filters back in upside down.
--
TG

Tags: