Author Topic: Honda Jazz dead  (Read 7230 times)

how2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4SE sport 2004
Honda Jazz dead
« on: May 27, 2017, 07:47:34 PM »
Hi Guys

Had  a crash in my Jazz.

I got rear ended and I hit the car in front. The car behind, driver side hit my rear near side and my front near side hit the rear driver's side.

I called police and they took everyone's details.

Should i post some pics?

The driver driver who hit me first gave me another name then changed it, he is a mini cab driver.

What advice can you give me, I would be grateful for any help.

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
Re: Honda Jazz dead
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 09:22:19 PM »
Hi how2

Immediately contact the insurance company, take photos of car, take photos of road where it happened. Did you get witness statements or their names

Does you car have camera for driving - if not, you may want to invest in one

Are there any cctv at location of where accident happened - if so, call in and ask if they could let you look and take a copy if captured

Have a hot bath to relax your muscles

Hope no one was seriously injured

Many thanks

John

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 09:24:01 AM »
Are you a member of AA, RAC or the like. Membership often confers legal cover. Otherwise I agree with John's post.

guest5079

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 11:41:08 AM »
If the police were called and attended, they will be OR should be interested in this person. It shrieks of fraud. As he obviously uses more than one name which any copper would wonder is he a disqualified driver?.
There is far to much of this going on. With regard to the law, I have to couch this question carefully, was the offending driver English?
But as already stated if you are  a member of any road organisation they might help, indeed your insurers might help. Good luck

how2

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 03:34:45 PM »
Thanks John and everyone who has contributed.

When it happened I in a slight daze and I told the guy in front to phone the police, while I called my brother to tell him I will be late for my Nephews birthday party.

I exchanged details with both parties and got their names/insurance details and took pics, when the police came they took everyone's Driving licences.

The guy who crashed into me may to be the real driver of the mini cab, that maybe the reason he gave me a different name. None of the other cars stopped.

It was so surreal. I will check with council for CCTV. I do have legal cover with my insurance.

No one  was hurt.

I am with quotemehappy, shouls I inform them today by email as they have no call centre or can I wiat till Tuesday.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 03:43:59 PM »
If the police were called and attended, they will be OR should be interested in this person. It shrieks of fraud. As he obviously uses more than one name which any copper would wonder is he a disqualified driver?.
There is far to much of this going on. With regard to the law, I have to couch this question carefully, was the offending driver English?
But as already stated if you are  a member of any road organisation they might help, indeed your insurers might help. Good luck

My Bro had a knock when a transit pulled onto small single lane island into him - driver - swapped details and thought all was well,  my bro insurance company rang him and asked where he got the details of other guys insurance from as they were false, my brother rang other driver to confront him and the young guy said he wasn't driving it was his dad  driving WTF - it got really messy,  my brother actually recorded a couple of phone conversation with the other driver -  truth was police were not interested even though other driver was obviously lying and was not insured,  may not have even had a licence.   
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:30:54 AM by RichardA »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

how2

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 04:48:02 PM »
The other guy was of the ethnic community who are always in the news.

Phoned my insurance company today, and a woman said it was a write off and worth on £1800 for my 2004 Honda Jazz SE Sport with only 34000 miles.

They said I call ring the Mercedes driver's insurance company to sort it out.

At the moment my company are claiming it on my insurance until the Mercedes driver admits liability.

Phoned again and spoke to a man and he gave me the reference number and  I told him that's it's a SE Sport and that they are rare. He told me to get 3 quotes from auto trader and I said will go to 3 Honda dealer to get a quote, he said it must be the exact model.

I do not think £1800 is fair more £3000 to £4000 is fair according to Auto trader.

What do you guys think?

My company is trying to pass the buck and make me do all the work.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 05:02:13 PM »
Contact a solicitor. Your legal cover should cover it.

guest6436

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 05:15:52 PM »
Damn that sucks  :( someone rear-ended my jazz as well so I know how it feels...

but don't ever accept the insurances first offer-thats the rule.
btw that car isn't worth more than the 1800... But try to find some delusional seller ads and show it to them,might get lucky... However no way its 3-4k..

guest1372

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 09:21:33 PM »
I think £1800 is OK even with your low mileage, I reckon my 02 SE Sport is worth less than 1k.
--
TG

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 12:53:56 AM »

I do not think £1800 is fair more £3000 to £4000 is fair according to Auto trader.

I just tried auto trader with your car's details and below is the results:

Private guide price
£1,180
Price for: 29 May 2017

Based on good condition.

Part-exchange guide price
£440
Price for: 29 May 2017

Based on good condition.

So I would take the £1800 your been offered, not worth £3k!

My Jazz sport on a 07 plate with 51k on the clock is only worth about £2k

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 08:31:41 AM »
Lets face it,  the car is 13 years old,  people but too much importance on low mileage as in modern cars it is rarely the engine and transmission that fails,  it is the ravages of UK climate and road salt on the car that does the damage,  as JazzyB says,  trade in price is less than £500.  Many people love their car and unfortunately this clouds their judgment on how much it is worth,  it may be worth a lot to you but others see it as just a business transaction.   I can remember when most cars (not Volvo or Saab LOL) had rust popping up on bodywork around 3 years,  and structural rust (sills and body reinforcing members) after less than 5 years,  requiring new parts to be welded in - modern cars are infinitely better in all respects than cars before 1990's - when many were only good for scrap before they were 10 years old.

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 09:28:58 AM »
These days the majority of car manufacturers allow a 7yr life for most of their models, in the trade mileage over 50k and age +4yrs impacts any offers to buy your car.
Maybe take the final offer on your Jazz then hunt down a model/spec of your choice there are 000's on the market at present.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 10:10:49 AM »
Back in the 80's, a friend of mine bought a brand new Datsun 120Y. It needed major welding for its first MOT and was scrapped at its second MOT. Thankfully those days are gone.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 10:22:12 AM »
Sorry to hear about this. Your insurance should handle everything so let them deal with it.

When I was growing up in late 1980s, one friends mum had a Datsun Stanza and another had a Peugeot 305. Both cars had rust on the bodywork at just 6-7 years old.

Tags:

anything