Author Topic: Clicking from centre console when applying brakes at standstill?  (Read 1327 times)

Chrisl

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
This is a strange one - 05 Jazz auto 22k
When I start the engine and apply the brakes there is a clicking noice from the c console when pedal is depressed, when the car is in motion the click is not apparent.
I have yet to take the console apart and see where the noise is coming from but does anyone have any idea what can be happening?

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Clicking from centre console when applying brakes at standstill?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 07:33:10 PM »
Is it a CVT model? If so it is probably the gear shift release operating.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

guest1372

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 08:00:45 PM »
As Trebor says there's a 'shift lock solenoid' next to the gear lever that prevents it being moved into inappropriate positions.  The click is probably it engaging and disengaging.  Details of tests and maintenance here:  http://www.hondafitjazz.com/transmission_cvt.html
--
TG

Chrisl

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 11:26:16 PM »
Yes it is a cvt , will check it tomorrow. I don't remember hearing it before today, it is coincidence that I changed the rear pads today but I cannot imagine that has caused the noise.
Thanks for your prompt response chaps

guest1372

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 12:13:11 AM »
There's a slim possibility that it could be related to the parking brake with a bit of push back along the cable especially as that is where there has been a change in the vehicle.  In any case new pads might mean that the parking brake lever travel needs adjustment, although it should still be OK within the normal travel range; if so there's a nut behind the lever.  Just check that the rears do not get really hot after a journey - the handbrake will definitely need easing if they do.
--
TG

Tags: