Author Topic: 2005 honda jazz has a weak start when engine is warm  (Read 1864 times)

guest6797

2005 honda jazz has a weak start when engine is warm
« on: April 13, 2017, 09:30:26 AM »
hi all,

Ive had a 2005 honda jazz for 4 months in australia, when it fires up cold, it is okayish. When it fires up warm, it struggles and takes a while. Some days it struggles like the battery is near dead. When it is at home, I leave a solar battery tender on the battery in case it is the battery.

At this point, im assuming it is the battery. I also would like to know is this model jazz suffers any common problems that make it do this. When it is running, it seems fine but I hear everyone is going out and getting ignition coils because they were poorly made, but Id like to know everyones opinion.

The car has done 78000kms. It is an australian delivered model if that means anything.

stephen

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: 2005 honda jazz has a weak start when engine is warm
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 09:52:49 AM »
Could be battery or engine temperature sensor. If you are not sure of battery age I would suspect that because hot countries like Aussie will kill batteries in a couple of years.   I expect yours is the 1.5VTEC and it only seems to be mainly rear coils on on i-DSi 8 valve / 8 plug models that get too hot and fail (mainly because rear plugs often don't get changed and large gap stresses coil insulation and also due to being behind engine next to exhaust manifold).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest6797

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 10:22:39 AM »
my consideration is that im charging the battery all morning then starting it and its okay somewhat to start because its been charging. Once ive driven it, its dumped all of its power into starting and then the altenator wont charge it. Or I could be wrong. I am going out to buy a new battery now.

Once the battery has been replaced i will take it for a spin around the block and park it again, switch off then engine for a few mins then retry. I noticed someone else on this forum had the same and I dont recall seeing a fix solution so i'll have to start working it out.

Your suggestions are noted though poster.

stephen

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 05:18:07 PM »
The reason I suggested engine temp sensor is that I know several people who had cars (not Honda though) that started no problem when cold but hard starting when engine was warm or hot, and after temp sensor replaced they were fine,  the engines were turning over quickly enough though - if yours is slow turning over it suggests battery without a doubt.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 05:52:58 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything