Author Topic: Hi and ask for advice  (Read 1167 times)

Tpeter

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: vfr 750
Hi and ask for advice
« on: March 24, 2017, 02:20:04 PM »
Hi, I would like to buy a 2002 Jazz with 122.000miles. I am interested in the cam chain system. Does it have a tensioner? What the service interval on these components?
I have got a Honda vfr 750 bike and I do the maintenance on her. This year I have done the valve clearance(shims) and she still runs :)
The brakes look the similar to the Jazz, would not be any problem there.
Is there any known problem with the suspension?
This Jazz has a problem with the coil packs but I dont think that is a big job, I would be able to do it.
I know about front wheel and clutch bearing failures.
Thanks in advance
Peter

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
Re: Hi and ask for advice
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 03:33:37 PM »
Just bear in mind there are 8 plugs and coil packs  :D

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Hi and ask for advice
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 05:31:57 PM »
I know about front wheel and clutch bearing failures.

rear not front wheel bearing failures - easy enough to do but they expect you to buy the whole hub at about £100, may be cheaper ones around now as their is continuing demand for replacements.

Clutch bearing failures ?  not really

Gearbox bearing failures common on MK1, only one bearing but getting the box out and stripping / reassembling box can be pricey,  search gearbox bearings on the forum and there are some independent repairers that are good value.  Symptoms are whining in lower gears, especially under hard acceleration.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:20:19 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: