Author Topic: Central locking intermittently not working?  (Read 9881 times)

u587162

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport CVT
Central locking intermittently not working?
« on: March 20, 2017, 01:36:18 PM »
The passenger door and boot sometimes does not open when we are using the car.  Is there a known issue with the Honda Jazz having problems?  Ive experienced this when we have parked up and wife trying to get out of the front passenger door.  Had to give up trying to open the boot with the remote key.  Worked the following morning however.

I cant pin point the intermittent issue.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Central locking intermittently not working?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 06:30:58 PM »
Would help if you provided a bit more info, do you have 2 Honda keys?- are they both operating or just one key?
Any other issues eg age of  battery?
What changed before the car had this fault?

u587162

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 06:55:16 PM »
Hi

Thx for the reply.

Yes we have two Honda keys.  but I dont think that is the issue.  What I was trying to explain was that, whilst actually driving the car, if I park up and the engine is running she cant exit the front passenger side. Neither of us internally locks the door and trying to pull on the handle does not open the door.  Same with the boot.  Im sitting in the car, engine on or off and shes trying to open the boot and it doesnt open. 

Its not a women thing either as I tried it too after not believing her. 

The battery age Im not sure, but looks kind of old, but we have no issues with the car not starting etc so I dont think its a battery issue. 
Nothing changed before we had this fault apart from the rear silencer exhaust box being replaced.

guest1372

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 06:58:35 PM »
There has been a recent thread where someone has refurbished their door lock actuators after experiencing a similar issue.  There are small motors / gearboxes involved and by swapping the super-locking motors (2nd click with remote to deadlock) with the primary ones normal service was resumed.  Less fiddly may be using salvage parts.
http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8928.msg46767

One other thing to check although it's the opposite symptom & issue (failure to remote lock), is that the tailgate opening handle is springing back to it's normal rest position - the bracket gets rusty.  This stops the mechanism moving properly which prevents the central locking from firing as it checks for each door and lock to be in a fully closed position.  Some lubrication usually fixes it.
--
TG

guest1372

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 07:00:44 PM »
Also HOW TO: Fix a power door lock http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8956.0

Thanks to ndsee
--
TG

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 10:25:01 PM »
2nd the suggestion from TG re the tailgate handle sticking, a couple of my Jazz had this issue so well worth checking as 1st step, let the forum know how you get on

u587162

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 09:39:28 AM »
Will try all these suggestions at the weekend and revert if I still have the problem.

Many thanks.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 11:55:40 AM »
I also had the issue with the tailgate not unlocking, due to the handle sticking. I had an aerosol can of 3 in 1 oil in the garage, with a thin tube/nozzle. I spray the handle's hinge before hand-washing the car. There is always some dribbles down the number plate so it is best to do it before washing.

Tags: