Author Topic: Oil sump gasket  (Read 2838 times)

guest5801

Oil sump gasket
« on: December 14, 2015, 06:44:09 AM »
Hi there, I do I change my Oil Sump Seal on my Honda Jazz 2005 Automatic, Its has been leaking there for about 3 months now, but only a drop now and then, Its not leaking a lot of oil at all, but I'd like to change the seal (gasket)

Please if there is anyone with step by step instructions that would be great

Cunnie :D

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Oil sump gasket
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 12:03:44 PM »
I think you'll find it on the online manual, its not common have you tried just to nip up the sump bolts ?
http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual.html

guest5801

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 12:45:45 PM »
Hi There, I have tried to nip those bolts, and still leaks,  once ive cleaned all around the sump it usually takes a couple of days for the leak to start again, To me this is very weird.

Thanks for you feedback.

Cunnie

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 01:49:27 PM »
I had exactly the same problem on a GD I had but it was still under warranty so the Honda dealership attacked it.
They had two goes at it before fixing it. The seal was replaced the first time but the second time the seal was changed and
sealant applied.

Like yours the oil would take about three days to appear after having been wiped clean. The leak was insufficient to show on the dipstick and is more of a nuisance making a mess on the garage floor or driveway.

Vic.

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 06:38:05 PM »
Hi there, I do I change my Oil Sump Seal on my Honda Jazz 2005 Automatic, Its has been leaking there for about 3 months now, but only a drop now and then, Its not leaking a lot of oil at all, but I'd like to change the seal (gasket)

Please if there is anyone with step by step instructions that would be great

Cunnie :D

Is it possible for you to take a photo of the leak?

Tags: