Author Topic: Parts Prices  (Read 3014 times)

guest806

Parts Prices
« on: May 10, 2009, 01:46:19 PM »
Does any one know the cost of parts for a service?  I had tried pricing it up at Halfords on line but can only find the spark plugs at £6.99 each.
Where best is it to get the parts?

Oil
Oil Filter
Air Filter
Pollen Filter
Spark Plugs
Any thing else I've forgotten?

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Parts Prices
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 03:28:16 PM »
try eurocarparts.com

on there you can type in your req. number and you can have the price of pretty much any part you require. Also if it adds up to more than £50 you get free delivery

also check/replace the wipers
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 04:52:22 PM by JazzyB »

guest229

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 06:47:26 AM »
Have a look at Japarts on-line.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 07:58:52 AM »
It's good to look around for cheaper parts but I would suggest that you always use the original Honda oil filter, I have been told this by a few mechanics that I know.  The reason is that the oil filter is probably the most important one on the car (the fuel filter is probably second), in a good filter the 'pore' size is smaller and it won't allow particles to stay in the oil and circulate around the engine.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest809

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 10:56:43 PM »
I agree with Culzean that it is worth getting the genuine Honda oil filter (£10). I also got the genuine air filter (£20.68) last July because I could not find the correct one at any motor factor or online for our 2005 1.4 Jazz - be careful because the shape changed so it would be wise to have a look at yours before you buy.

Ours was cheese wedge shaped but older models are oblong.

Other stuff like pollen filters I got through EBay.

Which leads me to an offer. I mistakenly bought two sets of NGK sparkplugs last week so I have a set of eight available for sale (you probably know you will need eight). I intended to buy one set of eight and managed to end up with sixteen..... don't ask!!

They are genuine NGK BKR6E-11 and I would be happy to get back the £18 I paid for a set of eight if you are interested. They are £24 for eight in Halfords.

guest806

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 08:15:54 PM »
Thanks for the offer but i am only looking to service the car next August or September.  I just wanted to get an idea of price at the moment. :)

Tags:

anything