Author Topic: Non Honda Armrest;  (Read 3614 times)

guest1227

Non Honda Armrest;
« on: April 29, 2011, 10:35:05 PM »
Hi

I was wondering if anyone had bought below from a Hong Kong Ebay supplier listed below;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400200747898&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I am alway very cautious about buying from China & Hong Kong suppliers via Ebay can normally be of very low quality - but there are exceptions to every rule!

If you have one of these please let me know if they are any good as these seem to be fitted without any screws I wonder if they might wobble in use.

I have seen the Armster, but there is not rear cup holder with these,but the quality seems to be there?!
thanks

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
Re: Non Honda Armrest;
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 09:22:51 AM »
I checked their ratings and they have got 14 negatives in the last month and 190 in the last 12 months. This is far too bad.  I would not buy anything from them.

BigG

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 10:04:57 AM »
I bought the same armrest from that seller a few weeks ago and had no problems at all. I found one for about £28 though so its worth searching around. Its good quality for the price, although the top part isn't real leather (as stated). Fitting took minutes, with only 4 holes to be drilled and screw it down. I added 4 washers to help with stability. I love mine and feel the Jazz isn't complete without an armrest, I just need to fit my leather gear gaiter now to compliment it.

Regarding negative feedback, 14 negative in a month for a seller with such high product turnaround is nothing to be concerned about. They ship all around the world and sell very cheaply produced items, but there are so many idiot ebay'ers who will give negative feedback if their item is more than 1 day overdue or if their £2 item isn't of the very highest quality.
I've been an ebay'er for over 10 years so I know what buyers are like on there.

Chris_Music

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 10:45:29 AM »
I have the same arm rest as well, and though its not Honda quality, its still great for the money, and fits perfectly and is so handy for storing stuff. If you really care about quality, then buy the Honda one, but you will be looking at £200+ for one from Honda!

It does the Job, I bought it from the Jumbo Depot, but I paid £26 for it, as said, have a look through their items, see if you can find a cheaper listing from them. It arrive within a week, which I thought was good considering its coming from China!

Heres mine: http://clubjazz.org/forum/member's-gallery/2005-jazz-sport-in-vivid-blue-pearl/msg7904/#msg7904

Good luck with your choice :)!

guest1227

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 06:47:05 PM »
Many thanks all for your help with my question, I appreciate it.

Sorry, one more question to Chris_Music and or BigG, I have a tablet phone which measures 4 3/4" (12.2) wide, 7.5" (19.1) high & 1/2" (10.3) thick & am wondering if it will lie flat on the tray.

I want to hide it from prying eyes!

Many thanks again for your help.

BigG

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 09:04:58 PM »
The storage area measures 4" width x 9" length x 3" Depth, but really you only have 7" length to lie something flat as there is an indent at the back part (i think where the cupholder is). Doesn't look like your phone will lie flat. You can take the tray out and you then get storage all the way down to the bottom (where you screw it into the centre console)

Hope this info helps.

guest1227

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 11:18:27 PM »
Great help, many thanks.

Tags: