Author Topic: drive jazz with 4 plugs?  (Read 5197 times)

EXT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.3 i-vtec 2012 GE6
drive jazz with 4 plugs?
« on: March 08, 2011, 06:45:22 PM »
hi just try to get answer in other post but couldn't. is it safe to drive with front 4 plugs.until to take it to service.i actualy discunnect back 4 coils.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: drive jazz with 4 plugs?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 08:19:59 PM »
Listen to the engine, especially when climbing hills or going slowly in a high gear, you may here a knocking / tinkling sound from the engine - this is pinking / knocking (also known as pre-ignition) and is far more likely to happen with only one plug per cylinder being used. Bear in mind the jazz engine has a remarkably high compression ratio (10.8:1) and the only reason it can run successfully on 95 RON fuel is because it uses 2 spark plugs per cylinder to detonate the charge from both sides at once and shorten the flame path.

Knocking can cause damage to the engine and you should get the problem sorted ASAP, don't wait for next service.

In meantime use a higher octane petrol ( 97 RON BP Ultimate or Shell 'V' power) to help the engine cope.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

EXT

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 02:42:56 PM »
thanks. why engine light didn't luminate when 4 coils disconnected :o even when the car was jerking??
eish........ what is the porpuse of that light than ::)

----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1299701233 -----
what the hell, today i reconnect all back ones and drove around it did not had that jerking  :o now am realy confused, i going to test further seems not the plugs. ::)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:07:13 PM by EXT »

guest229

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 06:40:33 AM »
Sounds very much to me like problems with the EGR valve, see this forum under"infamous EGR valve"

EXT

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 08:45:13 AM »
ok here is my findings :D
i disconnect front ones with back ones connected than drove,jazzy jerked as normal.than i let it idle and disconnect one by one
and connect it back.each time when i disconnect car misfire.but when all 4 are connected it idle fine.
only when i drove it jerk. fouled plugs.................????? what u guys think????
car is out of warranty. honda dealer are 3 hours drive from my place.
took out back 4 coils. 2 of them were little white spark sign at the end of coil where the rubber
that holds the tappet.i thought it these 2 coils are bad.i quickly put the salo tape arround it to check it stutter.yes it was stutter the same.its mean is defenately the plugs.
any other way to check further until i take it to the dealer???????
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 05:22:54 PM by EXT »

EXT

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 02:12:05 PM »
OMG ...2 bad coils :o :o :o

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 03:33:34 PM »
What year is your car and what mileage have you got?
This is no good sign, 2 bad coils.

EXT

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 05:26:37 PM »
year 06 and 104000k, i realy dont know what is the cause, other forums i visited where ppls had
same problem. 

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 08:41:23 PM »
It wasn't too many years ago when VW / AUDI group had major problems with ignition coil packs on their cars due to bad quality and had to replace literally millions of them - Japanese cars never seem to have a problem.  

I had to replace a couple of ignition coils on my wifes Punto as well (no surprise there knowing reputation of Italian electrics).

At least DSi Jazz with 8 coils won't stop completely if a couple go bad  :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 08:43:26 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

EXT

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »
changed 2 faulty coils and did service done by honda dealer all fine now.

Tags: