Author Topic: Power Windows diagnostics  (Read 676 times)

CRC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2003 1.4 SE Manual
Power Windows diagnostics
« on: December 26, 2020, 11:51:50 AM »
Our 2003 Jazz developed a fault the other day where both back windows would operate correctly, but the passengers window did nothing regardless of which switch was pressed (passengers door or drivers door) in either direction.

I suspected the drivers door circuit board and switches as I've had to take it out before and clean off some corrosion, but wasn't sure how the switches worked in conjunction with each other to reverse the polarity to the window motors, but found a few diagrams online, took the drivers side circuit board out (pretty easy, just a small flat blade and a small philips screwdriver on the the three holding screws) and set to work detailing what was what so that I could test the circuit board.

Sure enough, it truned out to be odd readings / corrosion on the sliding switch terminals on the drivers side circuit board , and after managing to slightly lift the switch top, I was able to inject contact cleaner in followed by WD40 and the window works fine now.

It took me a while to work it all out and produce the drawings, so I figured I'd post them here to possibly save others time in the future if you find them useful.

Cheers

CRC

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2003 1.4 SE Manual
Re: Power Windows diagnostics
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 11:54:20 AM »
Trying again to add the other graphics ...

Tags: