Author Topic: Good bye to Jazz  (Read 3333 times)

Good bye to Jazz
« on: June 06, 2012, 01:50:44 PM »
After 10 years and ownership of 3 almost identical Jazzes (expect in colour) it was time to move on.

1st Jazz 02 Light silver CVT SE 45k miles
2nd Jazz 05 Dark silver CVT SE 25k miles
3rd Jazz 07 Black CVT SE 65k miles

All were new.  Never had a break down.  The thing(s) just worked and worked.  Had a EGR valve replacement under warranty in Jazz #2.  And window greased in Jazz #3.  Was getting 44-45mpg average before I let go of Jazz #3, it was the best mpg acheived over the 5 years so the engine was loosened up just right.

Just traded in Jazz #3 in for a 10 month old Auris hybrid.  Why.  For two years Honda UK and the local dealer refused to fix the water leak in the boot or even recognise the fault.  So, in the end enough was enough and it was time to move on.

The Auris Hybrid is certainly a class above the Jazz in every respect, and for a 10 month old car it cost £1500 less than a new Honda Jazz CVT, and I am getting 60 mpg too, so with the milage I do I will be up £600-700 a year in petrol savings and no road tax.

Anyway, loved the Jazzes, but it's finally good bye.

guest2662

• Topic Starter
Re: Good bye to Jazz
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 02:55:31 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 10:06:37 AM »
Sorry to hear about your problems.

Be interesting to see your views and feedback on teh Auris after a couple of months ownership

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:55:39 AM »
Well I've had the Auris hybrid for a month now.  Main points from moving from the Jazz to the Auris.

1.  The boot is less useable.  The area is not much smaller, but the shape is odd due to the 12V battery bolted into the corner and the wheel arches eating away in the area.  But the main pain is that to maximise the volume in the newer models (like the one I have) they have removed the flat boot floor panel and created a bucket tray in half of the boot area.  This makes it impossible to put a suit case into the boot.

2.  Certainly not a drivers car.  The Jazz pre 2008 was understated as a driver's car.  The steering was very good and acurate.

3. Driving the Auris is like driving the QE2.  Everything is done slowly.  The computers drive the car and you are simply along for the ride.

4. The ride is exceptional in the Auris because of the heavy batteries.  The springs have been dampened so well and the heavy weight makes the car feel like a C Class Merc.

With the magic carpet ride and the high mpgs I find myself finding excuses to go out for a drive in the car.  Everytime you drive you you are urged by the computers to beat your last mpg score.

If you are interested in a decent comparison with the Jazz CVT.  I would suggest you read up on the new Yaris hybrid.  I have driven a new Yaris but not the hybrid.  It may be a Jazz CVT killer IMHO.  The mpg saving will be even greater on that model.  But I suspect the ride quaily will be lower that that of the Auris.

Tags: