Author Topic: First Impressions of the new Jazz EX CVT  (Read 14204 times)

alboy

• Approved Member
First Impressions of the new Jazz EX CVT
« on: March 29, 2011, 05:46:45 PM »
I have just taken delivery of a new Jazz EX CVT in exchange for my old 2008 CVT sport model with 38000miles on the clock.
The new car is everything the old IShift jazz was not, It is the car Honda should have followed the old CVT model with but better late than never.
I would be interested in other owners view of the new model any comments welcome

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: First Impressions of the new Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 10:36:37 PM »
Hope you will enjoy your new car for the next xxx000's miles, here's my own twopenneth worth:

The new EX model is quieter, lower revving engine lower noise levels and better spec'd than any Jazz we have owned in the past. I was particularly impressed with the cruise control equally as good as Mercedes and or Subaru system.
I expect the performance & economy will improve with a couple of k miles at present ours is averaging 46mpg over the first 350 miles - fill to fill.

alboy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 06:52:15 AM »
I would agree about the cruise control although this is the first car i have owned that had it fitted as standard.
My EX is averaging about 52Mpg at the moment with mixed driving but i am taking it very easy for the first 500miles or so
Hope you continue to be impressed with your Jazz.
One minor niggle at the moment is that the windscreen wiper controls are covered by the steering wheel and can be a bit of a fiddle to see unless the steering wheel is not in a straight line, also there seems to be a slightly sharp edge along the door handle joint where you grab the door handle to close the car door this is due to the joints not meeting exactly, the drivers side seems worse than the passenger side.

olduser1

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 09:22:43 AM »
Wipers - they can be fiddly but should use should improve as car & driver get familiar with one another.
Have you tried setting the wipers to auto - the sensor on the screen detects rain and or try the 1 sweep by pressing the wiper arm upwards?
I'll take a look at the armrest on mine , not noticed so far.

guest907

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 01:00:52 AM »
What I like about the cruise control on my EX is that once switched on, it stays on when car turned off and restarted. Other cars turn cruise control off when ignition goes off so with the Jazz it's always ready.

eljuero

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Comfort
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 01:49:11 PM »
What I like about the cruise control on my EX is that once switched on, it stays on when car turned off and restarted. Other cars turn cruise control off when ignition goes off so with the Jazz it's always ready.

Hm....isn't this normal or you just mean that speed settings is saved in Jazz computer ...
100+1 HP

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 08:56:29 AM »
If I understand you right it seems pretty dangerous to me that the cruise control stays on. The whole idea of cruise control is that you engage it at a certain speed and it maintains that speed, if it comes on again after the car has been stopped and restarted surely the car will attempt to accelerate back up to that speed - whooooowww

Every car I have ever driven with cruise control has had a 'set' and 'resume' operation, and on some a facility to increment / decrement the chosen speed by pulling or pushing the stalk, but none have ever remembered the previous set speed after ignition was turned off.

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 10:14:24 AM »
Cruise control "enable" stays on.

guest907

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 01:05:48 PM »
Yes apologies for any confusion, I meant the cruise control is enabled ready for you to set the speed once the wheel switch is on.

alboy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 07:06:34 AM »
Another minor niggle I have found is the rear screen wiper only clears a relatively small amount of screen because it is set of centre if they had mounted it in a more central position it would have been able to clear a lot more of the screen.

Tenrab

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 03:43:25 PM »
Exchanged my EX I-Shift for a EX CVT on the 1st March, I am really impressed with the new car as it seems a totally different car all round. Welcome back CVT the drive is SO smooth, even better in my opinion than my GD 2004 Sport. I have found some of the changes that improve the car :-

1-CVT with torque converter instead of a start clutch, smoother ride and improved parking speed driveability
2-Darker dash and fascia material with orange lighting throughout
3-Sound insulation has been improved with reduced road noise
4-Rear seats recline, so no more silly flaps on the parcel shelf
5-Seats pads improved and a different material so does not collect fluff any more
6-Auto climate control does not cycle hot and cold blasts of air after a hour or so (I have been vindicated) and indicates changes in the mode settings
7-Bluetooth is a luxury to be able to have hands free telephone set in the car
8-Steering at slow speed feels lighter for parking and stiffens progressively at high speeds and no longer wanders at motorway speeds
10-Suspension is a lot better allround
11-Rear doors open to 85 degrees for access of large objects.
12-There is even a light over the central storage consul when the lights are on
13-And it came with 3 years complimentary servicing

But there is just one niggle The bumpers of the Alibaster Silver car are a MUCH lighter colour than the car, yes I know that plastic bumpers suffer with this problem, however it is much more noticeable in this particular colour having inspected lots of cars on the dealers fourcourt. Has anybody else noticed this?
 :D >:(

olduser1

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 07:13:35 AM »
Good report Tenrab, I would like to emphasise how easy the low speed steering is compared to out previous Jazz 2002 2005 2006, also the ride is much improved.
A pity about the paint shade, we went for the Milano Red

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 11:29:05 AM »
Hi Lads

I exchanged my 2010 EX I-shift last Friday for the new EX CVT (Milano red again) and so far, fully concur with the comments made by Tenrab.
Did my first long distance trip yesterday from the West Midlands up to North Lincolnshire, about 260 miles round trip. The trip meter MPG started at about 16mpg and by the time I reached home it is showing 56.1 mpg. Obviously I took it easy for the first trip, using the cruise control set at 55mph for all of the motorway sections, which in fact for this journey is perhaps 90% of the distance. All in all, I think a very good return so far, yes I know the dealer says don't bother to run the car in, however I am perhaps one of the old school and still think that taking it easy for the first 1000miles or so is beneficial.

I have no issue with any mismatch of colours between body and bumpers, but I do have just one minor niggle, I note that the steel panel which runs across the top of the radiator, joining the 2 front wings together is no longer painted in the body colour. Mine is just painted with a sandy fawn primer/undercoat, not Milano red, like my previous car. Obviously this panel can't be seen from outside the car, but is this penny pinching move on the part of Honda? Also there was no drinking cup supplied! I use the cup to mount the Sat-nav on, placed in the dashboard cup holder (see other post on this subject)

Apart from that I am extremely happy with the car and hopefully things can only get better as the mileage, rises. I will report again after 4 or 5k miles.

guest1262

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 03:34:30 PM »
Is/was it a drinking cup? Mine looks like an ash tray/cup whatever.

Tenrab

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 05:03:44 PM »
I was always of the opinion that it was infact an ash tray, right back from my GD SPORT days. Mine had a s/steel bar across it to stub out the cigarette.
However, the new car was not supplied with one, could it be because the cigarette lighter fitting has now been replaced with an accessory power socket?

Tags: