Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Honda jazz 2009 jerking
« Last post by olduser1 on Today at 11:14:24 AM »
Find the chap who diagnosed the trade cars in your area
Get a scan if your car by an expert, then proceed.
Why not drive a couple over familiar roads, there are 100s out there. Always use vehicle score or similar as 7 out of 10 cars have a story. Avoid cat S or N insurance vehicle.
It's all about condition of the car do you recognise the tyre make has the car got damp boot or carpets etc.
Good luck
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by stiggysawdust on April 12, 2024, 11:52:14 PM »
Hi everyone, So far I've not been affected but I really hope Honda do the right thing and sort out  this ridiculous situation quickly.
I have to say I am rather worried that my Jazz will be affected as I took delivery in November 2020, so maybe it's a matter of time and while we don't do a high mileage we will not be able to manage without it.
Good luck everyone and very well done for your efforts.
« Last post by Hicardo on April 12, 2024, 10:43:04 PM »
Folks, wanted to express too how bad this situation is for those affected and hope all are resolved acceptably soon when Honda UK finally get their act together. 

I guess I'm in the group with LV who have mid 2021 Mk 4's, so a problem could possibly happen at any time.  From what ive seen, it's unlikely to occur whilst driving, but tends to happen on start up. 

That CAN of course be a major problem if you are away from home, abroad or at the other end of the country when the fault occurs.  So like some others, I'm in a quandary about what to do.  Sit tight and hope for the best, or swap it. 

I'm luckyish in that im covered on the 5 year plan, which has 2 years to run.  I guess on balance, wait and see what happens over the next few months?   :(
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: shaking at 50mph
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on April 12, 2024, 08:44:21 PM »
I would also suggest wheel balance.  One of the glue on or clip on weights  used to balance the new tyres may have dropped off. 

But as a safety precaution before driving the car again I would also   check the  inner and outer side walls of the tyres for any  bulges  as a result of a manufacturing defect in the tyre structure. Its very unlikely  there will be. 
« Last post by Westy36 on April 12, 2024, 08:24:16 PM »
I experienced new tyres that weren't balanced correctly several years ago. The fitter may have made a mistake or possibly forgot to balance the wheels. Take them back, explain the problem and ask that they check. A decent garage would be happy to show you they are balanced on their machine.
« Last post by dave456 on April 12, 2024, 07:40:34 PM »
Hi madasafish they are new tyres on front and balanced i think it is plugs or throttle body when pas 50mph got up to80 it was ok
« Last post by madasafish on April 12, 2024, 07:28:47 PM »
Get wheels balanced
New Members / Re: New Jazz Advance
« Last post by coldstart on April 12, 2024, 07:12:05 PM »
My initial gut feeling is i will extend the Honda warranty for another 2 years to give it 5, especially as I feel I am driving an Apple Mac at times !  Also with the issue over the brake simulator that seems to afflict models from around the 2020 ish era...

Welcome to the Jazz world  :)

I will do the same as the lack of any decent response from Honda (so far) regarding the brake simulator issue is quite disconcerting.
(and I thought as well I would be stepping up from the VAG-"quality"-nightmare when buying the Jazz...)

Let's all hope Honda will come to think better of this one and live up to their reputation!

« Last post by coldstart on April 12, 2024, 06:55:37 PM »
Yesterday I received a call from the owner of the dealership, who I have never met.  He told me that he had heard I was an unhappy customer, asked for brief deatils of the issues and then stated that I was now banned, together with my car, from ever going to any of the Honda dealerships he owns in the local area.  Total call time - less than 5 minutes.

What an absolute a**!  (pardon my french)

This dealership should be "banned" from any customers to eternity!

The owner has absolutely failed to understand that any justified complaint is:
a) a chance to better themselves
b) a compliment (because the unsatisfied customer thinks they could perform better)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything