Author Topic: rpm going up and down while driving at constant speed  (Read 3503 times)

guest4229

rpm going up and down while driving at constant speed
« on: August 21, 2013, 09:54:31 AM »
Hi all,
Joined this forum to find a solution for my rpm problems.

I experience multiply jerkings of my 2007jazz while i start driving above 2000rpm. The rpm needle goes up and down endlessly till i release my acceleration but it will resume again when i accelerate. My pressure on the acceleration is constant and gentle.

I clean the throttle, uses the highest grade petrol, changed my engine oil and gear oil but all seemed in vain.

Can anybody help me with this problem? Thank you very much.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: rpm going up and down while driving at constant speed
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 04:14:06 PM »
It sounds like a malfunctioning sensor for the CVT transmission.  If you have a conventional automatic box, maybe the fluid needs changing

Last of all, if it is a manual gearbox, the clutch needs changing
If music be the food of love, play on

guest4229

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 01:50:20 AM »
Hi Chris,
can you elaborate more on the conventional automatic box fluid? Yes mine is a auto car and was advised to change the control valve body which will cost me around $500 singapore dollars.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 07:35:52 AM »
If the incorrect grade of auto fluid is used, or the level dropped at some point, your symptom will show up.  The control valve is of course a replaceable part and can wear.  If the supplier is a good mechanic and is certain that this is the problem, then that is not that expensive.  Automatic transmission fluid is not expensive and lasts years.
If music be the food of love, play on

Tags: