Author Topic: Parking sensors fault - ideas?  (Read 13560 times)

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 jazz
Parking sensors fault - ideas?
« on: March 03, 2024, 07:12:49 PM »
Hello, I have a 2016 jazz SE. I hope someone can give me some ideas what else I can try to fix my sensors. It started with intermittent error with sensors displayed in the circle next to steering wheel. followed by disabling them from time to time. This became more frequent to the point that now they turn off straight away after ignition on (with the fault).

I had them diagnosed with a computer and a faulty sensor was identified. I ordered 4x aftermarket spare ones (exactly the same part number) and all 4 of them came up with an error. However if I swap them around with a working one the fault is in the new place so wiring shouldn’t be an issue (?) I can’t really believe all 4 of the new ones are faulty.

Additionally I tested them (broken one, good one, and new one) with multimeter and got about the same results. All seem to behave in the same way.

Resetting parking sensors system does not help. I have now disabled rear sensors as if for towing and the error does not come up but that’s not a solution.

I am wondering what else I should try (before going to the dealer as that’s last resort)?

Thanks in advance.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Parking sensors fault - ideas?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 09:22:47 AM »
I had a parking sensor failure with similar fault indications to you. I got that sorted by a dealer. My guess about your problem is that something like a sensor that presumably connects via the car's databus might require some kind of configuration update as well as replacing the faulty item. Only a guess though. Or maybe the aftermarket sensors aren't quite right even though they claim to be.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 05:39:14 PM »
Thinking outside the box.  Rather than spending cash trying to fix the sensors  does your car have a display that would support an aftermarket reversing camera ?

IMO a wide angle  reversing camera gives a much better idea of whats going on behind than bleeping sensors.  I'd rather  be an owl than a bat  ;D .

You could disable the rear sensors and still have the benefits of front sensors.   I like the reversing camera on my Mk 4 so much I have switched the parking  sensors off.  But i dont know if its possible to replicate it on a  mk 3.   
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 05:47:24 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 jazz
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 07:10:47 AM »
Thanks for suggestions, looks like I need to have it done by Honda at 100x the price but surely aftermarket sensors wouldn’t be sold if they were not compatible out of the box?

I have a camera as well, but for 100% safety both visual and audible aids are a must. Especially in the dark camera won’t see everything.

Tags:

anything