Author Topic: New Head Unit/Infotainment  (Read 6640 times)

eskatephil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2019
Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2024, 12:22:14 AM »
It looks really good - probably the first device that has 60fps

rock0

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2014
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2024, 07:06:19 AM »
The cable you are showing is the same as the one supplied with the Joying.

Why would you want to use one port for the CarPlay, as it is wireless CarPlay so you don’t plug in your phone?

There are 3 USB ports on the Joying, you receive  one adapter as per your picture and 2 long plug to socket cables you can feed into the glovebox or some other convenient location.

I have found that the onboard USB sockets when connected to the adapter cables do not have the power to charge my iPhone 15 Pro.

I have not used the built in microphone as I already had one installed from my previous head unit as they all use the same connection. Very easy to install an external mic, the internal one isn’t much good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi UKjim, you seem very well informed. Could you please confirm a few things for me?

I assume the Honda OEM microphone cannot be used? So install the aftermarket microphone, if supplied?

Did you have any trouble integrating the OEM reverse camera? I have read there is a Reverse Video Camera Retention Harness needed if I want to utilise the OEM camera. I am unclear if this is included in the Joying listing you've recommended (or any other AliExpress listings).

Are there any other recent things you've learnt about the new Infotainment unit you've picked up recently?

Cheers.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2024, 09:57:03 AM »
I didn’t have an OEM rear camera so I fitted an aftermarket camera. I don’t believe the Joying or other Android units support the Honda camera but you would have to check with them.

AFAIK there isn’t an OEM microphone in the Jazz as phone calls are handled by Bluetooth and use your phone’s microphone. I fitted  the an external microphone which works fine.

« Last Edit: Today at 03:09:03 PM by UKjim »

eskatephil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2019
« Reply #18 on: Today at 01:15:13 PM »
To anyone using the joying radio - does it have “lag” when using the steering wheel buttons? On my 3rd party AliExpress radio it was literally a second and a half between presses to pause a track.

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: Today at 01:33:02 PM »
To anyone using the joying radio - does it have “lag” when using the steering wheel buttons? On my 3rd party AliExpress radio it was literally a second and a half between presses to pause a track.
No lag at all

dayjavoo

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: Today at 04:30:09 PM »

AFAIK there isn’t an OEM microphone in the Jazz as phone calls are handled by Bluetooth and use your phone’s microphone.

Surely that can't be correct since I can make HFT calls even when the phone is tucked away in a bag on the back seat.  On page 356 or thereabouts in my manual, instructions on using the Hands-Free Telephone system, the picture indicates the microphone is up in the roof within the interior light fitting.

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: Today at 04:32:47 PM »

AFAIK there isn’t an OEM microphone in the Jazz as phone calls are handled by Bluetooth and use your phone’s microphone.

Surely that can't be correct since I can make HFT calls even when the phone is tucked away in a bag on the back seat.  On page 356 or thereabouts in my manual, instructions on using the Hands-Free Telephone system, the picture indicates the microphone is up in the roof within the interior light fitting.
You are probably correct, but if you are using an aftermarket HU, you will need a new microphone.

zesty_bum

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #22 on: Today at 05:33:01 PM »
After some thought I'm going to be less adventurous, and I probably won't go for the JOYING (thanks for the recommendation though UKJim). Main reason is I would like to be able to have some recourse if something goes wrong with the unit - I don't have the skills to troubleshoot and fix myself  ???

Apart from the Alpine ilx-750d system UKJim mentioned, can anyone recommend a good HU that plays nice with wireless CarPlay and wireless Android Auto? Ideally I'd like to keep the cost down to £500 (including parts and labour).

Thanks  :)

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: Today at 05:38:18 PM »
After some thought I'm going to be less adventurous, and I probably won't go for the JOYING (thanks for the recommendation though UKJim). Main reason is I would like to be able to have some recourse if something goes wrong with the unit - I don't have the skills to troubleshoot and fix myself  ???

Apart from the Alpine ilx-750d system UKJim mentioned, can anyone recommend a good HU that plays nice with wireless CarPlay and wireless Android Auto? Ideally I'd like to keep the cost down to £500 (including parts and labour).

Thanks  :)
Doubtful you will find anything from a retail outlet that is in a position to offer installation for below £500. If you purchase online, you will either have to install it yourself or find an independent installer willing to fit it for you but they will offer no warranty unless they supply the goods themselves.

Tags: