Author Topic: another handbag car  (Read 4441 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
another handbag car
« on: January 12, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxhall/adam

based on the aging Corsa chassis and named after Adam Opel  - made in Germany as the Opel Adam, a bit too pretty (looks very much like a Fiat 500)  to be one of the TV 'Adams Family'

another 'handbag' car to add to the growing list of 2 seater cars that are sold as 4 seaters :o  not cheap either from 11 to 13K

how come whenever - 'upmarket superminis' are mentioned as a comparison they never mention the Jazz ? but just roll out the old favourites of Audi A1, Mini, fiat 500, Citroen C3, Fiesta   -  is the Jazz so far out of favour with motoring journalists ?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:48:13 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Re: another handbag car
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 02:59:12 PM »
Audi A1, Mini, fiat 500, Citroen C3, Fiesta etc are just upholstered roller-skates, the jazz is in a class of its own. None of the so called super-minis have any space in them they are far too cramped. No more space than a handbag and a small one at that.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 03:30:42 PM »
I frequently am given a lift in an A1. It carries four adults and their yoga mats with ease. (But the suspension is harsh, it's noisy and very uncomfortable in the back over potholes).

The owner travels in it on business all over the UK - with ease.

guest1521

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 03:54:36 PM »
If many more motorists considered the Jazz (Civic, too) for sheer function and versatility, Honda'd sell a shedload more of 'em. And deservedly so.

The Fiesta-size Jazz is really Focus-size in its accommodation. In practice, it BEATS it!... it's all to do with 'more legroom' resulting from Jazz's greater 'floorpan depth' in the rear.

While the Civic... whether seats-up boot capacity... or rear seats dropped entirely flat with its big hatch... wow! And they've designed this 'family car' to look more like a 2-door sports coupe!

Uniquely, both these Hondas have the 'cinema-style' rear Magic Seats for tall, narrow loads...

Rear seats 'dropped' entirely flat (with merely two clicks!), you can carry a clothes dryer AND a washing machine in the modest little Jazz! I think Honda claim you could even carry their quad-bike in the Jazz - just by way of illustrating its incredible cargo-carrying capability.

Both Jazz (and Civic) are absolutely Tardis-like.

What other 'small' cars are as innovative in their *functional* design as far as accommodation is concerned? After all,  the innovative Mk. 1 Mercedes A-Class and the iconic Audi A2 are long gone...

In the UK, people are prepared to pay dearly for 'image' and that's why 'handbag' cars sell so well. 

While too many motoring journos pigeon-hole Jazz as 'expensive' with no attempt whatsoever to analyse it on an OVERALL 'value-for-money' basis. It certainly punches above 'supermini'... By some way.

As it is, just the other day I saw a magazine cover featuring the upcoming '300hp Civic Type R' emblazoned with "New Type R, new NSX... Honda no longer Grandmas' cars, then?" Or words very close to that - 'Grandma' certainly featured.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 08:00:27 PM »
Transport a quad in your Jazz...???  :o

Better believe it!!!

If nothing goes right, go left!

guest4218

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 04:59:08 AM »
When i had to replace my car i looked at different cars like Ford Fiesta didn't like the interior saw the Toyota Yaris didn't like not the exterior or the inside tryide the Up feelt like putting an elephant into a birdcage(i am 6.6 tall and 15 stone).
After i saw so many different cars i chose to saw a Honda Dealer i tried a Civic to small i tried the Jazz and oh my i feelt like a king plenty of space.
Follow the trend ?no thanks i have a Jazz 1.4 100 horse power two fingers to the hand bags cars  :D

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 03:33:19 PM »

guest4218

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 09:37:32 PM »
What a p.o.s :o Adam Rock  suv with sunroof!!!!this is what hell look like to me  :D

Tags:

anything