Author Topic: Ages of Jazz owners  (Read 13244 times)

juicyjazz

Ages of Jazz owners
« on: June 05, 2007, 11:12:11 AM »
Well, when I told my friends I was buying a Honda Jazz, most of them didn’t know what a Jazz was except one….“Honda Jazz?! Old man’s car!” scoffed a (male) friend. Men, eh?!

Well, I get the impression from these pages that not every Jazz owner is over 60 despite what people think about Jazz owners. But at nearly 24 am I the youngest Jazz owner?

Lord Knowles

• Topic Starter
Re: Ages of Jazz owners
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 02:41:12 PM »
Ah, not quite the youngest Jazz owner my dear, my daugther is 21 and recently purchased a second-hand Jazz so I’ve voted on her behalf.

monkeybot

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 08:07:11 PM »
28 years old and counting…

guest109

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 07:33:12 PM »

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 07:47:12 PM »
I was 23 when I bought my Jazz :)

gorilla

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 08:45:12 PM »
[quote:1ipc64me]Well, when I told my friends I was buying a Honda Jazz, most of them didn't know what a Jazz was except one....Honda Jazz?! Old man' car!...scoffed a (male) friend. Men, eh?!

Well, I get the impression from these pages that not every Jazz owner is over 60 despite what people think about Jazz owners. But at nearly 24 am I the youngest Jazz owner? [/quote]

The problem is partly because Japanese cars were seen as the domain of elderly drivers concerned more with reilability then style. It really wasn’t untill 10 or 15 years ago that Japanese were excepted as the proper rivials for Europeans marques, while at the premium end Lexus still struggles in Europe against the estabilshed players, although that’s maybe more to do with the lack of diesel engines for many years.

The other explanation is the likes of Vauxhall, Peugoet and Citroen, etc., offer many incentives like free insurance, cashback or low-rate finance to tempt young drivers into the showrooms and the driver’s seat.

guest238

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 09:15:12 PM »
It’s all perception of what one has about people based on what car they drive. So anyone driving a Jazz or Yaris is perceived as someone of advancing years who sits at 30ph on a 60mph road or sits two inches from the steering wheel peering over the top of the rim.

guest238

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 09:19:11 PM »
P.S., I’m 30 years old and purchased my first Jazz (my own choice with my own money) five years ago.

bean

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 11:55:12 PM »
I have seen some young people driving Jazz’s, usually twentysomethings driving the brightly-coloured examples. My sister is in her 20’s and what’s the deciding factor in choosing her car? The colour. No Jazz though…

guest221

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 05:18:11 PM »
People need to wake up and take note of just how good the Jazz is. If only more young drivers would follow Juicyjazz and test drive the car they would see its leagues ahead of the Corsa, 206, Fiesta, etc. This car is easily better then either my old Mk1 Focus Zetec or Citroen Xsara VTR. I seriously never considered a Honda before, but after test driving the Mk2 Focus and 99% convinced it was the one to buy, we stopped at a Honda dealer to eyeball the new Civic and the missus talked me into driving ‘the cute little car over there’ and the and rest is history. One lengthy test drive, one signature and deposit later, a brand new Vivid Blue Sport was sitting on the driveway (after waiting two months!).

It was the second best thing my wife has ever suggested. Oh, I’m 32 years old.

guest140

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 09:19:11 PM »
I’m 42 (female) and have just changed over from 6-year old Rover 25 to the Jazz on recommendation of someone in their 70s who’s on their second one now (loves it that much you see!). So far I am pleased and do not think I look out of place driving the Jazz for either being too young or too old but maybe the vivid blue pearl colour helps with image a little too perhaps?

Before buying the Jazz I briefly considered Fiesta/Focus/Fusion from the Ford stable and would have considered Fiat Punto had I not read how unreliable mechanically the latter cars are supposed to be in the motoring press -vs- how more reliable the Jazz is from the 70+ year old who has actually owned one/two for the past 5 years or so wihout major problems with either vehicle to date!

guest243

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 10:01:11 PM »
a young pup at 20 yrs of age when i purchased my jazz/fit, only 21 now btw.. luv everything about them, could have bought faster cars with the money…

neils-home

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 10:56:11 PM »
A young 46 driving a Jazz thats cheap to insure (£113.69 fully comp), cheap to run, on average 49.04mpg and imported from Japan with a massive saving of over £3000.00 on a lower spec UK car. One happy Jazzy Owner

guest243

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 05:11:12 PM »
so neils-home, r u driving the 1.5vtec?

neils-home

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 09:13:11 PM »
Afraid not, but it has some nice Mugen extras that i havent seen on any others.
Blacked out windows
Wind guards all round
Mugen alloys
Mugen alloy trims on all door sills
Badged Mugen when it arrived but I put a jazz badge on the back
Mugen chrome caps etc on the engine
Hard Plastic/cloth parcel shelf
Lowered but I dont know how much
Little metal aerial

And the rest is normal I think

Tags:

anything