Author Topic: Worst drivers.  (Read 2876 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Worst drivers.
« on: October 08, 2018, 02:20:15 PM »

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Worst drivers.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 03:29:26 PM »
Yup,  would have been more voted that they are annoying tw4ts, but over 25% of cars on our roads are German - and they stick together LOL.

BMW drivers are always the ones that get in wrong lane at islands and then cut everyone up to make their exit instead of going around again ( if they indicated people may know where they were going,  but they never do).   They can also come up a motorway on-ramp and be in their own personal lane within 50 metres.   Large German cars spend more than their fair share of time on the wrong side of the road impatiently overtaking lesser cars that are traveling at legal speed limit, they are generally the ones approaching rapidly on your side of the road and expecting you to take avoiding action.  They always seem to be the ones in disables spaces as well.   

Audi have even given their latest cars trick new indicators to encourage drivers to use them (if only to show off ) with limited success.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:33:02 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 04:05:08 PM »
A few day back I was on the B9157 between Kirkcaldy and the Braefoot Bay roundabout. As you leave the 30 limit there is about 3 miles of 50 mph before you reach the 60, at the start of a long straight. Because I stick to the 50 limit I ended up at the start of the straight with six or eight cars behind me. I accelerated up to 60 and the rest of the cars happily settled behind me. Then I saw a Beemer pull out from the back of the queue and accelerate past us all. When he passed me (60 mph on my GPS speed indicator) he was doing at least 90, probably more, and he was still accelerating. After a couple of gentle bends I saw him again. He was sitting behind a queue of cars, led by a tractor and trailer, just as they all reached the twisty part of the road. I am sure he enjoyed the buzz, but to us mere mortals he passed, he looked like a complete d^ckhead/

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 07:31:00 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2390373/BMW-drivers-really-aggressive-drivers-prone-road-rage-wheel.html

This survey coincides with my experience as far as BMW, Range Rover and Vauxhall goes (  especially Insignia ). They are the most aggressive and impatient drivers around, but I suppose their time is more valuable than us mere mortals.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

nigelr

• Approved Member
  • 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'
  • Fuel economy: 45 mpg
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 09:35:22 PM »
Where I live, it tends to be 4x4 drivers, but I guess any kind of performance vehicle must be frustrating because the owners are aware the vehicles are capable of a lot more than the rules of the road, prevailing conditions, and common sense dictate ......

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 11:00:03 AM »
Maybe it should be illegal to sell a car in UK that will do more than 70mph, or at least be governed (like many lorries and some vans are).

I can see road pricing and GPS tracking for vehicles coming in soon, the government is going to lose pretty much all of its fuel and VED (road tax) income in coming years due to electric cars,  so will need to top income from motorists up in other ways.  Then they will know you have been speeding and also when and where,  the only thing they will not know is who was driving - but if they have SIM cards in vehicles or bionic data required to start the vehicle (fingerprint, eye scan or facial recognition- similar to phones) they can even cover that.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 12:01:09 PM »
bionic data required to start the vehicle
If I was bionic, I would just run everywhere.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 12:09:46 PM »
Maybe it should be illegal to sell a car in UK that will do more than 70mph, or at least be governed (like many lorries and some vans are).

I can see road pricing and GPS tracking for vehicles coming in soon, the government is going to lose pretty much all of its fuel and VED (road tax) income in coming years due to electric cars,  so will need to top income from motorists up in other ways.  Then they will know you have been speeding and also when and where,  the only thing they will not know is who was driving - but if they have SIM cards in vehicles or bionic data required to start the vehicle (fingerprint, eye scan or facial recognition- similar to phones) they can even cover that.

Big brother is already here, thats why I did not have the free Dongle fitted to my car. Speed can be calculated from the data stream and also they know your location.

The Honda Jazz already has speed limiting fitted as standard linked to the camera speed limit recognition. Its useful for the speed controlled zone sections of the motorway.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 02:10:39 PM »
The Honda Jazz already has speed limiting fitted as standard
My Mk 1 has that as well. it is referred to as my right foot.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 02:34:47 PM »
The Honda Jazz already has speed limiting fitted as standard linked to the camera speed limit recognition. Its useful for the speed controlled zone sections of the motorway.
I never linked mine as it was only ever 70% accurate. Usual faults were missing the signs or misreading them. Every time I drove out of Halifax it said the limit was 120. No Halifax is a place you might want to leave in a hurry but not at that sort of speed! These things are driver aids but should not be allowed to control the car unsupervised.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 09:07:42 PM »
Just been shown, earlier today, two examples of courtesy from an Audi Driver, closely followed by a BMW driver. The Audi let me out of a side road, later on the beemer saw me indicating (I had taken the wrong lane) and flashed me to move over.

I had taken no mind altering substances before this drive!

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 05:59:20 AM »
Perhaps they had!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 11:18:50 AM »
Just been shown, earlier today, two examples of courtesy from an Audi Driver, closely followed by a BMW driver. The Audi let me out of a side road, later on the beemer saw me indicating (I had taken the wrong lane) and flashed me to move over.

Don't let BMW or Audi know about this incident,  they may well take the car off this type of driver - can't let their cars be seen as friendly.

Tags:

anything