Author Topic: front brake pads  (Read 2316 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
front brake pads
« on: August 02, 2015, 04:35:35 PM »
i have 35000 on my original front brake pads now and there is still no squeal noise i have had a look they do look a bit low and i will get them changed when i get some free time hopefully soon

how many miles did you get out of the original  pads on your jazz and did you go independent or dealer or do them yourself and if you went to an independent did they re use the shims on the rear of the pads

cheers

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: front brake pads
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 04:45:57 PM »
Had mine done at Honda with about the same mileage and no squeal, it was in for a service so decided to let them get there hands dirty. Did the rear ones not all that long ago and the hardest part was screwing the piston back in. There were no new shims in the pack so cleaned and then copper slip. Job done.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

guest5185

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 05:06:27 PM »
Do they make a metallic squealing noise when they get low like the Civic?

patch

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4ES plus
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 06:38:09 PM »
On the last service, circa 36,000miles, main dealer advised me that the front pads had 25% remaining.

Based on the low mileage I do each year I wasn’t too worried about this.  However curiosity got the better, so I decided to investigate myself.

I purchased new Honda pads, as having everything apart I was as well as doing the job.  Not as difficult as I had thought.

The pads came boxed together with new shims and spring clips.

I compared the thickness of the old pads with the new ones.  The old ones had 50% remaining. Hmmh.

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 04:31:15 PM »
i have 35000 on my original front brake pads now and there is still no squeal noise i have had a look they do look a bit low and i will get them changed when i get some free time hopefully soon how many miles did you get out of the original  pads on your jazz and did you go independent or dealer or do them yourself and if you went to an independent did they re use the shims on the rear of the pads
cheers

I changed my front pads in May this year, just after the MOT and service was done, they were flagged up as being 80% worn and needed changing, they were quite well worn but would have done a few more milemiles quite comfortably.
The new ones certainly made a difference much firmer feeling.

2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

Tags: