Author Topic: motorway winscreen damage  (Read 1406 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
motorway winscreen damage
« on: August 02, 2015, 01:46:23 AM »
i seem to be getting very small pits in the windscreen every other week on the motorway lately

anyone else getting this sort of thing? i got one today too

never had this problem with my 2004 civic se 1.6

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: motorway winscreen damage
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 09:23:31 AM »
On Civic Mk6  and Jazz the windscreen is just a continuation of the bonnet, the front of which is fairly low (pedestrian friendly they call it) and stones just have nothing to stop them on their way from road to windscreen and I am sure many stones hit the bonnet and just ricochet up into the screen - I doubt you would find many without some windscreen damage.  I have also noticed that car makers don't seem to fit mudflaps anymore and they were good for stopping stones coming off the tyres and getting enough height to get above bonnet level of following vehicles.  These would seem to be even more important with many more SUV type vehicles and lack of boot overhang on modern cars,  which expose a great deal more tyre towards following cars.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:41:45 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything