Author Topic: automatic door locking  (Read 10005 times)

guest5355

automatic door locking
« on: July 24, 2015, 03:31:15 PM »
Hi, Advice please,  I hope you can see the funny side of this SCREAM for help. :o
Our jazz locked itself yesterday with the keys inside the car.
 I had opened it just when my neighbour ask me if I would help him move something, I put my keys on the seat and closed the door, upon my return about 5+ minuets later the Darling Car (spelt with a few F's) had looked itself.
 Good news the wife has a spare, Bad news she's out shopping with the spare key in one of her many-many bags, and the reason for me unlocking the car in the first place was that I was going to pick her up from the shopping centre in town. worst news, her phone was off.
 Now for the advice request please, how do I stop our "ZZO-ZZO" (our cars name) from locking itself.
  My dearest, The Duchess of Never Wrong, turned her phone on and called me to find out why I had not picked her up, my reply is not printable in such a nice forum, it cost me £20. for the taxi to get her home and needless to say it is of cause all my fault  ::)

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: automatic door locking
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 03:38:35 PM »
Love the humor, gave me a laugh on such a drab day, sorry to say that I can't help, but thanks for reminding all us men that we can never get it right. :-)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 05:18:18 PM »
I know my Jazz re-locks itself, but only if none of the doors had been opened within a set time of unlocking with the remote. That behaviour is explained in the manual.

I'm wondering if the door switch for whichever door you opened isn't working so ZZO-ZZO wasn't aware that you had opened the door and then applied the autolock. Check that opening this door turns on the courtesy lights. If it doesn't then the switch isn't behaving itself. If it does then check whether opening / closing each of the other doors disables the autolock. If not, then ask Honda to explain what is happening.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest4324

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 10:08:04 PM »
Same as John Ratsey says, if I unlock it, it locks again after about 30 seconds. If I unlock it and open a door it doesn't lock itself anymore.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 11:37:50 PM »
Same as John Ratsey and stupot0041 and mine is a lowly GD type.

You could get one of these and attach the keys to yourself:

Hopefully it'll avoid the temptation of leaving the keys on the seat in future?

Either that or have a spare 3rd key, just a transponderless cheapy to keep in the house for emergencies?

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 12:06:49 PM »
Sometimes while outside pottering about, with the keys in my pocket, I hear the clunk of the locks and on checking find that it has locked itself.
I too have been caught when I unlocked the car, went to get something heavy and the dear little Jazz had locked itself. NOW if I unlock the car I just open a door and close it and that seems to stop it little game.

guest5355

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 06:28:58 PM »
  ;D  Now that's a good idea, I'll fix it to my belt and then knowing me I'll trip over it and may even manage to put some part of my body through the window, Now that's a novel way of gaining entry to ZZO-ZZO  ;)
Same as John Ratsey and stupot0041 and mine is a lowly GD type.

You could get one of these and attach the keys to yourself:

Hopefully it'll avoid the temptation of leaving the keys on the seat in future?

Either that or have a spare 3rd key, just a transponderless cheapy to keep in the house for emergencies?

guest5355

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 11:11:47 PM »
I know my Jazz re-locks itself, but only if none of the doors had been opened within a set time of unlocking with the remote. That behaviour is explained in the manual.

I'm wondering if the door switch for whichever door you opened isn't working so ZZO-ZZO wasn't aware that you had opened the door and then applied the autolock. Check that opening this door turns on the courtesy lights. If it doesn't then the switch isn't behaving itself. If it does then check whether opening / closing each of the other doors disables the autolock. If not, then ask Honda to explain what is happening.
Hi. A big thank you for the advice. My son checked all the bits and one was loose

Tags: