Author Topic: Brakes again  (Read 2508 times)

Arthur49

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 i-VTEC ES Auto
Brakes again
« on: July 23, 2015, 02:39:28 PM »
Hi - sorry to come on and pestering, but the only thing I can find wrong with my new Jazz auto is the brakes, which snatch hugely at low speeds.  I note on here that someone solved this by changing the brake fluid - has anyone else tried this and found it worked?  My car's three years old, done 7000 miles and is due its first MOT in a week, so I can get the garage to sort this out if it might cure it.  Otherwise I suppose I'll just have to get used to it.

guest5079

Re: Brakes again
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 12:02:15 PM »
I put up a post re brakes and problems. Our Jazz had not had it's fluid changed at the three year interval and I found it made quite a bit of difference, when it was done.
Also, a lot has been written about seat position and this I found had a bearing on the snatchy brakes. Try the combination of height and fore and aft seat position.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 09:35:38 PM »
Also, a lot has been written about seat position and this I found had a bearing on the snatchy brakes. Try the combination of height and fore and aft seat position.

I agree,  for proper 'feel' should be braking with foot and ankle (with heel on floor) rather than the whole leg (other than a true emergency stop).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Arthur49

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 i-VTEC ES Auto
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 10:21:29 AM »
It's due it's first MOT this week, so I'll get them to change the brake fluid at the same time and see if that improves things.  It's an odd car, nearly very good and then terrible in places.

Tags: