Author Topic: Suspension creaks over road humps. Warranty claim?  (Read 12439 times)

guest907

Re: Suspension creaks over road humps. Warranty claim?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 05:09:56 PM »
I've just ignored it on the last 3 Jazz's. Noisy in the winter time but no suspension problems in 50K miles on the cars.

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 05:40:38 PM »
I've noticed that mine creaks when going over the humps in the car park at work.
2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

ajw1100

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 08:54:37 AM »
Just a quick update, we will collect the car later today. Had a call from the dealer yesterday, they are fitting a new track rod end and two new tyres. All free of charge  :D

We will find out about the suspension noises and what they have done when we pick it up.

Good news so far!

Regards
Alan.

ajw1100

• Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 09:10:55 AM »
According to the dealer the suspension creaks were caused by one track rod end which they have replaced. They have checked the suspension and all was okay. They have also replaced the two front tyres as well.
The above done under warranty which expired today!!!

We will take the car out later and see if really has cured the creaks.

Regards
Alan.

guest3250

• Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 09:16:57 AM »
Ahh - so I am not alone!
Mine creeks over speed bumps in cold weather
I am still just about under warrantee - is it worth going? (I am avoiding going back to that dealer if I can help it)
I will be getting it serviced privately in a few months I could just ask my friendly and safe mechanic to look at it!

ajw1100

• Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »
If the car is still under warranty then why not complain?

I noticed on the dealer paperwork a note that seemed to be the cost of the track rod end, I think it was around £50 I only got a quick peek though! Anyway the track rod was replaced as were both front tyres, the tracking was checked and all for £0.00. All for the price of one email and two phone calls.

Check the inside edge of your front tyres and walls to see if they are worn, if so then it's up to you whether you put up with it or get if fixed, in my opinion it's a no brainer.

After the run over the bumps  yesterday there was perhaps a very slight creak but my wife could not be certain if it was the suspension or my old bones creaking, then again it could be us being paranoid and hearing something that was not there. Time will tell.......

Regards
Alan.

guest3250

• Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 05:38:14 PM »
I know - but I swore never to darken the doors of the dealer - despite one small issue I went back for ha ha
will think about it - but it isn't really an issue as it's only when it's below about 4°C

guest3776

• Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 09:51:15 PM »
My previous car (99 Honda Insight) started creaking & making noises like that, especially during
the cold season, i sprayed all the rubber bushings with some silicone spray, i didn't
hear any creaks or anything for the next 3 years i drove it.

Cheap fix if your car is out of warranty AND it's not a track rod..

/ John

guest3250

• Topic Starter
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 08:35:21 AM »
Wondered about trying that myself - simple solution and I know what to do and where to spray it
having been in the motor trade hundreds of years back haha

Tags: