Author Topic: Reliability again...  (Read 5549 times)

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Reliability again...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 08:09:11 PM »
The usual Express rubbish.

The Vauxhall "Aglia" is not the Aglia but the "Agila"  and is a Suzuki Spash..

And if they cannot get that right, what else is?

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 08:28:50 PM »
You cannot expect 1) a German car to be as reliable as a Japanese one, and 2) those wallies who work for newspapers to get much right.  One of our bottom end newspapers said that "President" Cameron was facing an election next month.  I could hardly believe my eyes, but it is the kind of newspaper that relishes scandal and what they don't know, they invent
If music be the food of love, play on

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 01:35:01 PM »
Well I think these stats are pretty reliable because they are based on repairs actually carried out under a Warranty Direct warranty.

My last German car, a 2005 VW Golf, was the most unreliable piece of junk I have ever owned in 45 years of car ownership. It was so unreliable that I took out a Warranty Direct Warranty on the car once the 12 month VW approved used car warranty ran out. They paid out for 3 major repairs in the next 12 months before I despaired and got shut so I have a reasonable amount of faith in their findings.

They mirror similar stats in Which etc.

Audi, in particular, are amongst the most unreliable car makers on the planet.

How the Germans got to this state of affairs I just don't know.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 02:04:19 PM »
How the Germans got to this state of affairs I just don't know.

Simple, I think. When the aim of the Germans (read Volkswagen AG / Volkswagen Group) is to be the BIGGEST instead of being the best, the results are as they are.

If nothing goes right, go left!

mylesm

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 07:15:04 PM »
I am Driving 45 years and The worst Car I had for faults was a VW Golf TDI bought it new and had endless problems

Electric door lock modules,Main Power relay,even the crankshaft Pulley Broke never again will I purchase anything except a Japanese Marque

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 09:28:32 PM »
I am Driving 45 years and The worst Car I had for faults was a VW Golf TDI bought it new and had endless problems

Electric door lock modules,Main Power relay,even the crankshaft Pulley Broke never again will I purchase anything except a Japanese Marque

Yes - mine was a 1.9 TDI.

Turbo, ABS system, front suspension, ESP system were the main ones on a car with less than 20,000 miles on the clock. The ABS and ESP problems are so widespread there are even support groups for affected owners on Facebook.

And, disgustingly, VW never recalled the cars for the ABS problem which was due to the installation of a cheapo part.

I wouldn't touch a german car now. They trade on a completely undeserved reputation for quality and reliability. The motoring press drooling over Audis and Mercs helps the myth to survive.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 09:38:30 PM »
And, disgustingly, VW never recalled the cars for the ABS problem which was due to the installation of a cheapo part.

I have said before that people shouldn't judge a car maker on number of recalls they make,  they are probably being pro-active rather than waiting for problems to happen and then trying to ignore them. IMHO Japs are best and fastest at recalling cars and fixing problems.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

mylesm

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 09:39:07 PM »

Yes - mine was a 1.9 TDI.

Turbo, ABS system, front suspension, ESP system were the main ones on a car with less than 20,000 miles on the clock. The ABS and ESP problems are so widespread there are even support groups for affected owners on Facebook.

I wouldn't touch a german car now. They trade on a completely undeserved reputation for quality and reliability. The motoring press drooling over Audis and Mercs helps the myth to survive.

True The Golf I owned was a 1.9TDI and it developed a very serious fault where the contacts on the main power relay failed causing a complete loss of power whenever the Contacts opened very Dangerous imagine it happening during an overtake I since found out it was a common problem and again no VW Recall so never again will I touch VW

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 08:39:13 PM »
The first gen Vauxhall Agila was built in Poland and the second gen in Hungary.

I believe the only Vauxhalls built here are the vans from the joint venture with Renault and some Astras.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:56:21 AM by RichardA »

Tags:

anything