Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: WTO rules?
« Last post by Kazcoco on Today at 08:19:28 AM »
This thread is an example of why we are were we are .
Democratic vote yes or no easy
Winner dictates direction for all on what needs doing to achieve what was set out in vote .
Usually get on get behind objective arguments as to result null and void it was a result .
Pick your team to make it happen and setup sub committee party nominated by opposition ......done
Head off as a united solid country get best deal possible .
Only group at negotiating table was meant to be government .
Every other leader held talks independently with EU........position of strength gone EU happy as Larry ....
There isn't ant right or wrong it's been a free for all of self interest from start to finish .
In truth EU needs us and we need them we are trading partners and that will continue .
I'd prefer an EFTA result but will take what comes as 29th is agreed deal or no deal as written into the article 50 deceleration and passed by parliament without any problems ..
For two years there has been a fervour of hate and recrimination on both side and not one iota of reconciliation I have seen first hand how fast and how disastrous democracy can become chaos .....that's my penny steps down from box thank you for reading 🤫
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Royal crash
« Last post by sparky Paul on January 18, 2019, 11:30:57 PM »
The Duke's a hazard.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: CVT vs Manual
« Last post by Kazcoco on January 18, 2019, 11:10:18 PM »
Hi all
Bought wife 1.5 CVT two weeks ago for health reasons
Covered 800 miles in it both love it and CVT just as good as all previous autos I've had jaguars Volvo's Mazda all very much the same bar engine size they were all 2 ltd plus but in sport mode this starts at three thousand revs and has a good pickup to stay up with traffic .
In drive it takes a lot longer to pickup paddles aid this and are refreshing fun lol
Overall we both love it and prefer it over my cx5 auto .
« Last post by JimSh on January 18, 2019, 10:54:06 PM »
Let's face it, the only reason the leave campaign won was that a lot of people believed we would have an extra 350 million a week to prop up the NHS.
Not true.  One would have to be pretty short sighted to let this be the only reason.

I think the primary reasons were to regain control over borders and laws.

Do you really think it's a good idea to give control of our laws to this government because that's who would be gaining control. Not you or me.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-human-rights-act-repeal-brexit-echr-commons-parliament-conservatives-a8734886.html

Much of the problems of immigration are due to the failure of the Home Office to implement a proper registration and
limited stay policy.
If they mess things up with the Irish Border as they appear to be angling for, our borders will be wide open. This is why the EU are insistent  on the Backstop.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Last post by zzaj on January 18, 2019, 10:47:37 PM »
Just filled up this morning. It wasn't a huge fill up but as I have a trek into Edinburgh this afternoon I thought I had better fill up, just in case. I had covered 325 miles since my last top up, fill took 6.2 gallons, returning 52.4 mpg.
Considering we are now into the middle of January I am really pleased with that figure. About 40% of my driving was around town, but I think the, so far, mild winter we are experiencing helped a lot. It is so mild here that the gorse is starting to bloom, and in some spots has been blooming since just before Christmas.

I have the feeling that the basic specification for petrol changes from summer to winter to summer and is therefore seasonal as well.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Last post by smilertoo on January 18, 2019, 10:30:44 PM »
Im hovering at 38.2, possibly because its all town driving except a small hop onto the M8 then off one junction later.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Royal crash
« Last post by sparky Paul on January 18, 2019, 09:40:50 PM »
I always suspected these rich folk preferred Rollers to Land Rovers.
« Last post by JimSh on January 18, 2019, 08:32:43 PM »

As I said earlier,  we are leading the charge with Brexit,  most EU member governments will not give their population a referendum because they could very well vote to leave,  anti-EU ( the political bit ) feeling is running very high amongst members and a lot of countries are envious of UK democratic vote and looking to us for leadership.  Brexit vote is the tip of an iceberg much larger than the one that sunk the Titanic.

Wow. As I have said before I think we live in parallel universes.
Your last sentence may be correct but I suspect not in the way you intended.
« Last post by Barky on January 18, 2019, 07:37:07 PM »
As I have previously said. the EU were, and still are constrained by their four freedoms and could not move from that.
This could have been predicted by the UK politicians. In hindsight big mistakes were made in calling a referendum in the first place and in activating article 50

As I said EU are in a political straitjacket of their own making - they have gone from a trading bloc to a political monster - that was their mistake. 

There was pretty much a unanimous vote by MP to trigger article 50, and for any MP to try and block leaving after voting to trigger art 50 is unforgivable....

The UK vote as a bloc,  not as individual nations in the 2016 referendum,  fishing has always been a big part of Scottish economy and the only way to get their fishing waters back is to leave EU ( whatever Sturgeon says).

As I said earlier,  we are leading the charge with Brexit,  most EU member governments will not give their population a referendum because they could very well vote to leave,  anti-EU ( the political bit ) feeling is running very high amongst members and a lot of countries are envious of UK democratic vote and looking to us for leadership.  Brexit vote is the tip of an iceberg much larger than the one that sunk the Titanic.
not sure where you get yer info but it's very muddled looking to me .. obviously not worth trying to explain in detail as you seem sure of what you post up but IF brexit happens (& it is still IF) you are likely in for shock/disappointment ... will leave you to it ....
« Last post by culzean on January 18, 2019, 07:15:10 PM »
As I have previously said. the EU were, and still are constrained by their four freedoms and could not move from that.
This could have been predicted by the UK politicians. In hindsight big mistakes were made in calling a referendum in the first place and in activating article 50

As I said EU are in a political straitjacket of their own making - they have gone from a trading bloc to a political monster - that was their mistake. 

There was pretty much a unanimous vote by MP to trigger article 50, and for any MP to try and block leaving after voting to trigger art 50 is unforgivable....

The UK vote as a bloc,  not as individual nations in the 2016 referendum,  fishing has always been a big part of Scottish economy and the only way to get their fishing waters back is to leave EU ( whatever Sturgeon says).

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything