Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
but it does only occur on turns combined with inclines, and I'd be embarrassed if that was all it was.

It still shouldn't make a noise.

Vic.

Yeah, I guess so and I guess I've bottomed out enough times before to know what it would sound like. The exhaust seems to be in place so that seems unlikely to be knocking anything. Straight reject seems simplest though I do take Jocko's point about it possibly being an otherwise fine car. hmph.
Thanks again.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: advice -- knocking when turning over bumps
« Last post by VicW on Today at 06:39:00 PM »
but it does only occur on turns combined with inclines, and I'd be embarrassed if that was all it was.

It still shouldn't make a noise.

Vic.
update: the dealer wants me to bring it in with a view to rejection and refund, doesn't seem as much interested in the idea of trying to fix it, perhaps partly because I live quite far away, or because he thought I seemed like a trouble maker  :(.

Just been testing it a little more, to check it isn't just the car bottoming out. Doesn't seem to be but it does only occur on turns combined with inclines, and I'd be embarrassed if that was all it was.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: bluetooth connectivity
« Last post by PJD on Today at 06:07:23 PM »
I have just downgraded my mobile to one that shows up on the Honda UK approved list of compatible phones (this is an aging Nokia 'brick' circa 2005). I had to request a new SIM card from my service provider as my current smart phone (9 months old) runs a small SIM whereas the dear old Nokia runs the larger SIM card.

I paired the phone to the car with some difficulty (old technology verses new technology) but Honda said it would work and true enough it did. I made three out going calls and received two incoming on the 4th outgoing call the Bluetooth system fell over as before this time saying HFT not working - no kidding I sort of guessed that.

I cleared the cars memory of the Nokia and tried to pair up a Sony of similar age (but not on their list) it to paired ok, eventually, however disconnected when the ignition was turned off. Again two or three calls were made and one or two received and then it fell over too, HFT not working.

It seems to me that the Honda Hands free telephone systems are for emergency use only:- one call to the emergency services, one to the recovery services and on to home(if you are lucky) and that's your lot. I have yet to make more than 4 consecutive calls with this most advanced system Hand Free Telephone System.

Honda UK remain as always very understanding of my problems but still maintain it is not their fault as they only make and sell the cars.

For gods sake can somebody take ownership of this problem, false sympathy does not make my phone work any better, is it unreasonable of me to expect it to work, it is after all 2018 and I have paid to have Bluetooth in my car.
Vic, not sure if it did, it was rather a brief test drive and I imagine I was probably ready for a cold car to make some sounds when pootling around, so didn't spot anything untoward. It's only today that I repeatedly tested the motion and confirmed there's a fault. In email contact and the dealer is trying to use the fact that I inspected the car (I'm a layman) and the brief test drive as evidence there can't have been a fault at sale time. Seems to me if that was how it worked, the consumer rights act wouldn't exist and wouldn't have the 30-day provision for rejection in cases of a fault. He seems to be making a 'sold as seen' kind of argument and I don't see that this removes any statutory rights. The onus, as I understand the CRA, is on him to prove the fault wasn't there at sale.

Anyway, we'll see what his offer is to fix it. Thanks for your advice both.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Impressive!
« Last post by daveyboy on Today at 05:25:14 PM »
My new 1.5 cvt sport has a 80kg hoist in the boot and can take a pride rapid apex car boot scooter with ease and its nice to park as well.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Atkinson engine and CVT
« Last post by daveyboy on Today at 05:21:24 PM »
Has anyone had that stupid either young lad in a small clio type car when they see its a jazz want to go right up to your bum or like i found when i put my foot down a bit want to do same as they do not seem to like or expect the jazz to go fast and thats not top speed thats normal town driving.
Hi All, Hope you have all made as much of the 'summer' as possible, now that it seems to be returning to 'normal' :-(

So, onto more about abvoe title. Had car serviced and MOT'd which = 'Pass' :-) However, brake report & discussing work pretty much required at same time next year are 2 new tyres (maybe 3!)-actual treads recorded as:
O/SF 3.5mm
N/SF 3.0mm
O/SR 3.Omm
N/SR 6.0mm.
Currently travelling around 4k miles per year, so whilst on brake subject, may as well add to the pot-Should I need new tyres at next year service/MOT?

Returning to original reason why here, Brake Report records:
Pads-
O/SF 70%
N/SF 70%
O/SR 50%
N/SR 50%

Shoes-
O/SF 'worn'
N/SF ''worn'
(where he has written 'worn' this in the service sheet is directly under the 'Pads 70%' which I think he is referring!)

Discs-
O/SF 'OK'
N/SF 'OK'

But, then in comments section on service report mechanic writes 'front discs corroded & lipped. Rear discs scored'.

When discussing, mentioned I will need brakes and tyres. Didn't get much further than that. So am now hoping from the aove information if any readers can advise/interpret what exactly should I get done regarding the brakes and tyres? Also what sort of cost should I be looking to pay at non dealer, local garage for work to be carried.

The garage I use is local, have found to be trustworthy & used for past quite a few years.

Hoping from the above it might just be 2 new tyes & new pads for front brakes-or that is my reading of report. As ever, many thanks for reading and putting up with description. All replies gratefully received.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: jazz sport interchangeable bumpers?????
« Last post by Ozzie on Today at 03:36:09 PM »
I would have thought that the bumpers would be interchangeable, but does the sport bumper come with front fog lights? If so, do you have the required switch and wiring for them?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: advice -- knocking when turning over bumps
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 03:02:20 PM »
I'd take it back, tell him you are rejecting it, and give him the chance to put it right. Sounds like the wishbone bush. If you are happy with the car, in all other respects, it would be a shame to let it go for the sake of a simple repair.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10