Author Topic: Help please  (Read 3185 times)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Help please
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 09:42:02 PM »
Thanks for the many replies and suggestions. A couple I have tried but several I have not. I do on occasions have wet dogs in the car which doesn't help but the condensation can literally be rivers running down the inside of the screen.
That doesn't sound like anything you're doing wrong. You're not being visited by the girl from Dark Water are you  :o ?

More seriously it's sounds very odd. All I get is a bit of misting.

guest4871

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 10:42:15 PM »
As the car appears to still under the three years manufacturer's warranty, I would seek help from a Honda dealer. Get them to check all the settings, inspect the heating and ventilation system and check for dampness in the car and potential interior water leaks.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 07:20:31 AM »
I agree a Honda check may help but condensation is caused by wet air in the car. Ventilation with fresh air and heat usually fixes it, be it house or car. One thing you could try to get it dried out is a mains powered fan heater if you have power supply near the car. I think ventilation (recirc off) and lots of fan speed with aircon is the key.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 10:07:45 AM »
The only time we have had damp on side windows in a Jazz was when my wife had water in the boot of her MK1 - I don't think that is you problem in a MK3 ??

Are you sure your aircon is working because even when the air is set to recirculate the air still passes over the cold condenser and will take moisture out of the airstream before putting it back into the car.  The air in winter is normally drier than summer air ( warm air can contain more moisture than cold air) but because the windows are cold they tend to collect any moisture in the same way the aircon condenser does.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: