Author Topic: Jazz 2013  (Read 2217 times)

Radhadee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 auto ex cvt
Jazz 2013
« on: November 06, 2018, 02:32:25 PM »
Hi all ive only had my jazz auto ex a week and loving it💙 I have a question though? When the car is just in park engine running ie I was trying to store phone numbers not having much success but noticed the fan in engine kept coming on is this normal????

weeleyboy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Jazz 1.4CVT EX
Re: Jazz 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 02:41:14 PM »
Why have the engine running - you can operate the phone when the key is in the accessory position?
As to the fan coming on I've noticed it does come on when the car is stationary with the engine running.

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 03:25:27 PM »
It is normal for the fan to run more often if the engine is running while stationary, when moving the engine is being cooled by the flow of air through the radiator due to the movement of the car, when stationary there is no air flow consequently the fan will cut in to create an air flow and assist the cooling otherwise the engine could overheat.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 03:47:14 PM »
If the aircon is on the fan will cut in and out at roughly 8-10 second intervals as the compressor cuts in and out.

Vic.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 04:43:08 PM »
If the aircon is on the fan will cut in and out at roughly 8-10 second intervals as the compressor cuts in and out.

Vic.

+1

And both the engine and aircon rad fan come on as well, so with two fans running it sounds loud - can't say I have ever had engine fan come on when aircon not switched on.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 07:34:41 PM »
Vic gets first prize for the 'typical' looking Jazz driver. Well done vic, there are thousands of you out there !!

Some would say, boring old git, not me.

Radhadee

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 auto ex cvt
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 11:41:48 PM »
The air con was not switched on. More or less as soon as I turn engine on the fan comes on few seconds then off then on??

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 08:50:30 AM »
Is climate control in auto ?  still runs aircon even when air does not need cooling ( ie when it is 10deg outside and temp set to 20deg ) - don't ask me why.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 01:07:05 PM »
Is climate control in auto ?  still runs aircon even when air does not need cooling ( ie when it is 10deg outside and temp set to 20deg ) - don't ask me why.

Perhaps the aircon runs to provide dehumidified air thus improving the atmosphere inside the car.

guest4871

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 05:50:51 PM »

Perhaps the aircon runs to provide dehumidified air thus improving the atmosphere inside the car.

+1 and prevent misting up.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 06:18:29 PM »

+1 and prevent misting up.

I don't like the hvac systems on modern cars, I did an experiment with a temperature probe in one on the vents, with set temp as 20 and outside temp about 15.  At the start of journey the air was blowing about 50 deg, after 10 mins it dropped to about 25 and eventually dropped below 15.  I know now why my wife complains of draughts in the car - the air blowing from vents is often colder than outside air, and certainly colder than air in the car.
Continual running of aircon also dries out my sinuses and causes headache / sinusitis. I always run system in manual but still cannot choose temperature of air blowing from vents, just the temperature that the sensor by the steering wheel is aiming for in the cabin.

I liked it when you were able to set temp of air coming from vents and it stayed at same temp,  I also know when aircon is needed for  demisting and which vents I want air blowing out of, don't need the auto system to choose them for me.  Even on manual the temperature of air coming out of vents keeps changing.  All these badly implemented / crude systems don't bode well for driver less cars.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 06:21:15 PM by culzean »

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 07:13:06 PM »
Culzean,

I agree with you that the climate control system used by Honda is not that great.  I can tell you from personal experience that the Ford system is better and BMW even better again.

Tags: